Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Hsg

gpjapan is offline Registered User

Hsg

Can you share your HSG experience? Does it hurt?

Northern Angel is offline Registered User
    I had this done back in September at a clinic in Melbourne Plaza (I can’t remember the details but can find out for you), I swear this is what helped me get pregnant as one month later we got our first positive pg test after 15 months of trying!

The procedure itself only lasts a few minutes it is like having a smear test done as they have to place a speculum inside your cervix and then they insert a small (hair like) tube into your womb. Dye is then injected and they take several x-rays of your womb and tubes to check if they are clear. The dye they used on me was oil based which is meant to have a higher success rate of women getting pg after the procedure. I found the part where they inserted the speculum uncomfortable but didn't feel either the tube or dye going in; the nurse and Dr at the clinic were very reassuring too. The information I read about the HSG said ''According to experts, HSG may flush out the fallopian tubes, possibly straighten the tubes, stimulate the cilia in the tubes or improve the cervical mucus. Doctors are currently investigating this in closer detail."

I'd definitely recommend it, good luck and if you have any questions pm me.

Sucellia is offline Registered User
    I personally haven't done it yet but considering now. My friends have done it. Some say it was painful but some say it was not. So I guess it is depending on person.

My friends told me that HSG supposed to help getting pregnant as Northern Angel said. I heard period of 3 months after you get HSG done is called "golden period" to get pregnant (easier to get pregnant).

I have been trying for No.2 but no luck for many months so I would like to get it done soon.

Good luck!

Sucellia

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I got one 2 years ago when I needed to check if something was wrong as I had recurrent miscarriages. It was not painful, just like a period pain...
    I got pregnant 2 months later... never thought it could help, but now that other people say so... may be !!

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    my experience was much like northern angel's...oh, except i didn't get pregnant afterwards!

would have saved us a LOT of money if i had!

good luck. i didn't find it painful.

gpjapan is offline Registered User
    thanks a lot girls..have mine tomorrow...tensed abt the results as well...will update

sherwes is offline Registered User
    I had one a couple of years ago also after recurrent miscarriages. It was not painful and was about as uncomfortable as a pap smear (as they use a speculum in much the same way as when you have a pap smear). I got pregnant soon afterwards too and the pregnancy went to term (and we had been trying a long time!). My doctor said that other patients had also reported this particular postive "side effect" of the test although it is not officially recognised.

Scroll to top