- 03-20-2009, 10:13 PM #1MLBW Guest
Lately, I've been making English Muffin mini-pizza's at least once a week for my son and he really likes it. He's 15-months-old and is quite picky.
The things I do that make it taste like "real pizza" are, drizzle olive oil over the English muffins before I put the toppings on--also finely mince (with a nifty mince-o-matic) some garlic and put it on top of the muffins that have olive oil on them. In this way, the crust becomes like garlic bread.
My son won't eat most vegetables if they are whole so I take tomato paste and puree mushrooms, broccoli and carrots into it and therefore he doesn't know he's really eating veggies. I also add a bit of Parmesean cheese to the tomato sauce.
The cheese I prefer using is Edam and it is the taste that my son likes the most.
Then I also one Taiwanese-style sausages and mince it up (with the mince-o-matic, again) and spread it over 4 slices of muffin.
I bake it for 15-20 minutes at anywhere from 150-190 degrees C and cut it in slices and he eats it right up.
- 03-20-2009, 10:36 PM #2
we do baguette bread pizzas instead of english muffins... they LOVE it!
- 03-20-2009, 10:47 PM #3MLBW Guest
- 03-21-2009, 07:21 AM #4Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- Hong Kong
- By eyt in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 0Last Post: 03-18-2008, 11:41 PM
- By bo* in forum Family HealthReplies: 7Last Post: 02-20-2008, 10:11 PM
- By Nashua852 in forum Family HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 01-25-2008, 03:38 PM
- By bunx2 in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 9Last Post: 02-25-2007, 07:20 PM
- By Swoon in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 10-05-2004, 03:20 PM