Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Part time vs full time helper

mumsy is offline Registered User
    I believe for part-time helpers you need to provide insurance in case of accidents. Pay is usually on an hourly basis $50-$70. A contract is not usually obligatory unless you feel more comfortable with one, EXCEPT if the helper works more than 18hrs a week for more than 4 weeks, then they would fall under the protection of the employment ordinance and be entitled to paid holidays, notice for termination etc.

Alternatively, you can go through an agency for a part time helper and the agency would provide the insurance. Some charge a one off admin/introductory fee of around $500, but others may offer their services on a package (eg. 10 x 4hrs cleaning service or by month). Hope that helps.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Thanks for these details ! I guess going through an agency for a part time would be more appropriate to make sure everything is in order...

chrissy2 is offline Registered User
    I have a question about part time helpers as well, do any of you know an agency I can contact to hire one???

mumsy is offline Registered User
    chrissy2 - I don't have any personal recommendations but I think if you pop into any of the domestic helper agencies they will also have local part time staff on their books.

If you just need a helper for cleaning (and not cooking/babysitting), I did come across this company Hong Kong Maids: Home Cleaning|Part-time Domestic Helper for Expat|HK PT Maids (a bit more expensive $75-$80 but seems quite professional and english speaking).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12