Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Dr Carina C.W. Chan - Reproductive Healthcare

candybaby is offline Registered User

Dr Carina C.W. Chan - Reproductive Healthcare

Dr Carina Chan comes highly recommended by a friend's friend for IVF treatment in Hong Kong. I'm wondering if anyone had any exerience with Dr Chan? What is her success rate like?

Thanks in advance.

mungee is offline Registered User
    Hi Candybaby,

I am currently seeing Dr. Chan and find her very good. She is very friendly, willing to spend a reasonable amount of time with you, and 'go out of her way' somewhat to help, even though she is extremely busy and has many patients. The clinic is actually spearheaded by Clement Ho, who is very well know in this field. However, the waiting list for new patients for Dr. Ho is about one year, so I took the recommendation to see Dr. Chan.

Don't know what her actual success rate is like - I haven't been successful yet, but quite hopeful.

Mungee

candybaby is offline Registered User
    Thank you, Mungee. You speak so highly of her, now I am assured that she is a good doctor.

Does anyone know what her success rate is like?

Sparkle is offline Registered User
    I am seeing Dr. Chan too. She's just great. She's willing to listen, and will answer any question that I have. With my previous loss in the first trimester, I have lost my confidence in the "well-known" gynae... For the last one I saw, he's so well-known and with his achievements in the academia, I am surprised he has no sympathy for his less lucky patients. I started right away after my loss, and the first thing the doc said to me in a very disapproving way, 'well... still no sucess after all these months trying?' He was the one who operated on me for my last unfortunate loss! How the hell can he forget that???? So soon??????? Compared to him, Dr Chan is like an angel. She is always so pleasant and so willing to help. Words of encouragement from her helped me through the difficult time of dealing with the loss.

Lovely Chu Chu is offline Registered User
    I was seeing Dr Chan also and agree that she's very nice and professional. I have a bad experience in my first pregnancy (natural one) and she always remembered my concern during each consultation. I finnally got pregnant in my 2nd IVF and Dr Chan was just as happy as I was when we both knew the results.

WaitingforStar is offline Registered User
    Can someone give me Dr. Chan's phone number please? I like to see if I can make an appointment with her!
    Thanks!

iolana is offline Registered User
    candybaby
    I don't know anything about Dr Chan, but have previously done IVF a few times. One thing that you should find out about and consider is which lab Dr Chan uses. For example, my doctor used HK Sanatorium's IVF Centre which is excellent. The lab is extremely important. You need to consider whether the lab is capable of doing 5 day blastocyst transfers which is much more difficult than 2 or 3 day transfers, whether it offers ICSI, whether it offers vitrification (not just freezing) of the extra embryos, etc. It's worth considering the lab as well as the doctor.

apm
    apm is offline Registered User

Ivf

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with Dr. Christine Choy on IVF treatments? I have been seeing her for a few times, but I still have some reservation.