Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

some agencies are really bad!

joanneinnyc is offline Registered User

some agencies are really bad!

Today someone asked me about my former helper, of course, I told him what had happened and gave him enough evidence. But the helper begins to lie now, telling him she has only one daughter. In order to clarify the myth of how many children she has, I called her cousine and it turned out she has three children!

But now my agency and I both losed contact with my former helper ( she changed her phone number), and she didn't come to pick up the air ticket. The agency told me she could sue me not to give her the air ticket in front of the labor, so I really want to find where she is now.

I called that man who asked my opinion and he said his representative has my former helper's number, but it turned out his representative is the agency who asked my opinion about her performance and told me there are no English sentence on the termination letter(but her clients told me the English sentence! I don't know what happened). At that time, she clearly said to me, she would not introduce this helper to any clients. But when I told the woman that her client said she must have the phone number, she asked me" which clients? " it seems that she introduced this helper to more than one in spite of all my words. Therefore, I realized some agencies' only aim is to make profit right now. That agency located at sunrise building... Be careful...

sandy0741 is offline Registered User

What's the name of the agency???

sandy0741 is offline Registered User

I m also looking for a helper to replace my current one, who is not working properly, and I dont want to use the same agency again, because I just found the maid she introduced have never gone through any basic training.

Is there anyone out there who knows any good agency??

sherwes is offline Registered User

Sandy, can I also suggest that you have a look on the asiaexpat website? Helpers who are close to finishing their contracts often post in the classified section. If you go down this route you can interview the helper face to face and also speak directly with the current employers.

sherwes is offline Registered User

Sorry - please check the geoexpat site rather than the asiaexpat site. My mistake...

shri is offline Administrator

January is offline Registered User

Arrow Agency

I have heard of good experiences with an agency called Arrow, run by an expat couple, affiliated with a church over in Kowloon. I don't have their details though I'm afraid but I am sure you can google them. As far as I am aware, they have their own training school back in the Philppines and they are very hands on when it comes to choosing the helpers. They also have the helpers sit an exam before they work and they are examined on a range of subjects such as english level, cooking, baby care, hygiene, just to name a few. I hope they can be of use to you. I have not used them myself as I don't need a helper yet but if I do, then I will consider them. I have heard good reports from others who have hired from them. Oh and one more thing......this agency does not charge the helper those huge huge fees so these helpers have no reason to go to loan sharks to get themselves over to Hong Kong in the first place. Give them a go. Who knows, they may be great for you.

January is offline Registered User

Please email me for more details

Hello ladies,

Me again. If anyone should like the details of the agency I have in mind, please feel free to send a private message to me and I will try to get back to you asap.