Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Stretch mark cream

MamaC is offline Registered User

Stretch mark cream

Hi gals...Any good stretch mark cream recommmendation???

Northern Angel is offline Registered User
    Since finding out I am pregnant I've been using the coca butter body butter from the body shop in the mornings and palmers coca butter in the evenings. I find them both really good and they're around the same price with both you need to leave it a little while before dressing but both are rich thickish creams which really stop my skin feeling tight and itchy.

I've read no creams can guarantee no stretch marks as its all about genetics but anything that helps right?!

angiec is offline Registered User
    Clarins has a stretchmark oil... Used it for both my pregnancies and not a stretchmark in sight!!

All my friends who've used it swear by it too... then again.. agree... there's really no guarantee is there?

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    I used 100% pure Shea Butter from L'occitane twice a day for my first pregnancy and no stretch marks. I am now pregnant again and when I went back to get more cream they recommended a stomach gel called Delicious Tummy (from their Amande range). Again, could have been luck, but it feels nice and I have avoided stretch marks so far. Good luck, keep us updated of what you choose to use.

MamaC is offline Registered User
    thx gals...hope we'll all keep the stretch mark away!!!!I think i better start puting them on now before it's too late~~

miriam228 is offline Registered User
    I've been using Mustela (you can buy in Mannings) for the past 6 months of my pregnancy, and no sign of any stretch marks at all!

tstmum is offline Registered User
    I used Elemis Japanese camellia oil (pricey, but no fragrance) for both pregnancies and no stretch marks, but my Mum didn't get any either so not sure if it was the oil or good genetics.

I'd also heard good things about cocoa butter body butter and tried the stuff from the Body Shop - but the smell made me want to puke (even though I'd liked it pre-pregnancy) and I still can't go near it.