Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Cord Blood Banking: HealthBaby, Cordlife or Cryolife?

miriam228 is offline Registered User

Cord Blood Banking: HealthBaby, Cordlife or Cryolife?

Hi,

Does anybody know which card blood banking is good & reasonably priced? Don't know which to choose!!

Little bird is offline Registered User
    I have also spoken to all 3 companies in HK, and about to sign with CordLife. Healthbaby has the best marketing strategy but they use liquid nitrogen tank and I don't like it. Their sales persons are like insurance persons, and they don't have any lab background and they just repeat the messages they got from their company like parrots. Their critism about the tank used by the other two sounds convincing initially, but when I checked out more with the other two, i found that the points are not true.

The other two using same tank (vapour nitrogen) which has less risk for cross contemination, I trust it better. Between the two, I chose CordLife because it uses a new machine, SEPAX, to process the blood. Cryolife's machine can also automatic process the blood but the statistics they quote is less than SEPAX. Plus, the sales I talked to in CordLife is very informative and responsive to my questions etc, she herself was a lab person before. I also visited their office in Wan Chai Shui On centre which is very convenient.

Also, Cordlife is cheaper by $1,000 and they have a promotion 31 March 2009 to give you an italian made baby bouncer. The person who refers you will get $668 in cash. You can quote me if you go with Cordlife, we can spend that over a nice afternoon tea!