Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What health insurance do you have?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    We just applied for BUPA, thanks for the recommendations. They seemed pretty good, so after some research, we decided to give it a go. But I`m a bit confused bc mela said they covered dental but they told me they don`t, and I didn`t see it in their packages either. We`re going to get a separate coverage for dental - Blue Cross, which is kind of a waste of money and I wouldn`t get it if I had to pay out of my own pocket - you have a get (and pay for yourself) a check up with their dentists first and anything that they find you cannot get work doneon for the first year. So it`s only good for the long term and then it`S a bit basic but the company is paying so...
    And FYI, for the three of us (dh, myself, and baby) we(well, my husband`s company) are paying just over 20K for Hospital and Surgical plus Clinical.
    So we`ll see how it all goes.

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User
    HSBC: International Health Scheme.

Bills are settled directly while in HKD and using their panel doctors.

They fully covered my c-section with Dr. Lord at Mathilda (in a single bed private room). However, I did pay for the additional brownie and carrot cake I ordered. :p

solidstars is offline Registered User
    my good friend works for KGI and they do insurance. they will be able to compare different insurance providers for you. in fact, he has helped my husband set up a policy for our son. i can make an introduction for you if you want

alicemathur is offline Registered User
    I have AXA very good coverage and low premium. Not sure how good they are processing claims yet though.

Cici is offline Registered User
    We have IHI- its abit on the xpensive side, but it covers teh US and North America as well

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    If anyone is considering getting health insurance, I would recommend against getting BUPA for your children. In order to see a pediatrician, you need to get a referral letter from a GP. That`s twice the legwork for you, makes things more time consuming and complicated, and you have to pay more up front (since BUPA reimburses you after), as well as it costing them 60% more. I guess their rationale is that a GP can do the job? Also I don`t think they cover well-baby checks which I also think is ridiculous but that`s a whole different issue. Anyway, I`m really really p%&#ed off at them since I have recently submitted several claims and am having problems getting the money back. Just wanted to warn anyone considering them for their insurance provider. I will definitely not be renewing our contract.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Hi

We have used Allianz in the past. Claims were VERY difficult with them and I would never use them again. Basically tried to refuse the two major claims we had placed with them, one in a difficult situation where we lost a baby during pregnancy. We fought it as the terms were clear and we had email advice from Allianz themselves clarifying the terms on certain points and they evenually backed down (after suggesting that we were stupid laypersons and not medically qualified) and agreed that their staff had wrongly advised us.

We are now with HSBC insurance through my work and they are good and quick with claims and assistance but could be partly because it is a corporate plan and we have a broker to deal through. Allianz was an individual plan and much more difficult. Are you wanting it for general medical/dental or also wanting to try and cover maternity? Our HSBC plan covers maternity up to US$9K which (as anyone who has had a baby in the private system in HK knows!) won't cover the costs in total but will help.

SB2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12