Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

CX Business class with toddler

BeaMae is offline Registered User
    jaetee,

we didn't watch any of the movies/cartoons on the continental flight, so i am not sure what their selection is (maybe they have it online?). i brought a portable dvd player with some movies she likes. the plane was new and the seats seemed new as well, they just don't recline the whole way. i would not hesitate to fly them again with my daughter. you get a lot more room with side by side seats, and on a 16 hour flight i opt for the room over the flat seats.

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    hi,

i flew on CX business class with my 13mth old to sydney and it worked out fine. we took the night flight and my baby slept about 5hrs so it was good. the fact that the seats were flat and roomy meant that he could twist and turn. i of course had him on my lap for take off and landing.

lylee is offline Registered User
    hi, i'll also be flying cx's new business class back to canada this summer & my baby will be ~9 months then. i didn't buy a seat for her because i think she's too young to have her own seat. just wondering, for the take off & landing, will i just hold her on my lap? is there any type of special seat belts for infants? what about when they are sleeping? do they have to be strapped up? i'm thinking whether/not to buy the travel flight vest as well. thanks

mano is offline Registered User
    Fingerscrossed, did you buy a seat for your 13 month old, or have him/her share with you? I know you don't need to buy them a seat until 2yo, so wondering whether to buy one anyway for my 14 month old. I'm flying to canada and thought it would be good to be able to put him down to sleep in his own seat. Does anyone know if the airlines allow this for babies under 2?

Quote Originally Posted by fingerscrossed View Post
    hi,

i flew on CX business class with my 13mth old to sydney and it worked out fine. we took the night flight and my baby slept about 5hrs so it was good. the fact that the seats were flat and roomy meant that he could twist and turn. i of course had him on my lap for take off and landing.

carang is offline Registered User
    yes, you can buy a seat for an infant, you pay the child's fare.

i bought 3 economy seats back to canada when my eldest was 2 and my youngest was 5 weeks.

you're lucky, i couldn't even contemplate business class....that's a lot of moola!

Lucylou is offline Registered User
    We flew BA to the UK back in December and booked a seat for our then 15 month old. If they are under 2 (I think) then they have to go in a car seat. We took our D's car seat and fixed it in to the airline chair and she slept in that. You do have to hold them for take off and landing and in turbulence you may have to take baby out of the car seat but it is down to the Captain's discretion on that flight. Hope this helps!

carang is offline Registered User
    i did NOT have a car seat for my daughter. they do NOT have to go in one as most children under two are held the entire trip by parents.

besides, if the baby is in a carseat, would it not be safer for the baby to be strapped in during turbulence? just like everyone else? that makes no sense. (not that i don't believe you, but if it were the case, then safety must not be their main concern)

Lucylou is offline Registered User
    Carang - I don't make the rules!! Have just looked at the BA website to double check and that is what it says - I presume it is safer for the child during take off, landing and turbulence to be sat on an adults lap due to the brace position if it were needed. And most airlines say you can travel with a baby car seat as long as it has a 5 point harness.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast