Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CX Business class with toddler

elizaveta is offline Registered User

CX Business class with toddler

Dear mums,

Sorry if this has been asked before - anyone flown with a toddler (own seat, 2 years old) in the new CX business class? Travel agent told me "it is not suitable seat configuraiton for travelling with children".
    Could anyone share their experience / views? Thanks!

ElsieW is offline Registered User

Just flew to the states and back in the new CX business class with a 2 year old and 4 month old. We thought it was fine but it is a bit difficult to keep an eye on your kid during take-off and landing. They were nice enough to let our two-year-old sit on our laps during take-off/landing which made a BIG difference. Once we were in the air I just put my child in his own seat, put on his headphones, turned on the tv and gave him some snacks. Even though he couldn't see us he was fine and eventually fell asleep. When he did fall asleep I just made his chair completely flat and tucked the duvet around him and he slept about 5/6 hours or so. I slept while he slept and when he woke up he looked over the divider at me and woke me up. So, overall we really enjoyed it and would definitely do it again.

chrissy2 is offline Registered User

Hi I just went to Canada in Cathay Pacific new Business Class flat beds, (not with children, but I can say that the new seats are much different and that they are very private and on an angle, so you wont be able to see your child if they are sitting beside you. Better if they are sitting across from you, you can see them better. Other than that you will be ok :)

Thanks for responses so far - good tip on having the child across and asking to put her on our knees during take off. I will cross check with Cathay whether this is possible routinely - she just turned 2, so I am a little nervous with her sitting alone.
    Anyone else with experience - please let me know your views,

Thanks!

BeaMae is offline Registered User

i have flown cathay business and have seen parents with kids who did just fine. but i decided to fly continental business so i could sit next to my daughter and we could see each other the whole time (the seats are side by side). i think it depends on the personality of your child, i was worried she would not do well if she couldn't see me, and i also liked having the extra room in front of the seats so we had some room to play other than in the aisle. but the ability to sleep is better on cathay, the seats lay flat. the seats on continental do not go all the way down, only about 3/4 of the way down. so she was not quite as comfortable, but she ended up sleeping about 9 hours of our 16 hour flight. i prefer the service on cathay, but for my child side by side seats was the better choice.

jaetee is offline Registered User

BeaMae,
    Is Continental's business class nice and new? How is the TV selection (especially cartoons and such)? We are trying to figure out our travel choices as well...

Thanks so much. :)

jane01 is offline Registered User

I'm concerned about the safety side of things. If you can't see your child, you can't ensure they are in a seatbelt (and we all know what 2 year olds can do!). Also, if there is an emergency, how can you reach over and put the oxygen mask on them?

Luckily, we mainly travel to Perth where they still have the 'old' style configuration, which is much better.

Thanks for additional comments, especially security consideration. After discussion with my hubby we decided to fly BA instead. Perhaps we will come back to great CX service when she is a bit older.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast