Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Canossa hospital - food?

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Hi Ox Jess, i'm giving birth anytime now, so i'll let you know if i'm lucky to have the ward room that i want. Like Frenchy said, it's the same in any hospital, it's just luck if you have the type of room you wanted.

Thanks for the comments on food, yes, it's not my priority as i'm sure i won't have the big appetite yet, but comparing it to Adventist where i first delivered, food there was great.

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    Ok, thanks ladies for your replies. It seems that I'd better see how 'lucky' I am and keep a bunch of money aside in case I have to pay for a 'better room'.

By the way, I've been told that the general service in Canossa maternity ward is very satisfactory so I am not having too much worry apart being "out-budget". Food? I don't really care as I can always ask my husband & family to bring something I fancy! What I miss the most is a cup of 'good coffee'....

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    hi ox jess,

i have given birth at canosssa, just want to let you know not to worry on rooms, i got a 3 in 1 room with no problem, lots of other beds available, the 6-in-1 was also not full. Though the turnover is fast, my roomate check out in the morning, the ff day someone fills it up. Another roomate check out at 8pm, at 9pm someone check in.

Food - there is a choice for western or chinese food, nothing fancy, but okay.

BF support - there is a room that you go there for feeding. the whole day we are around 7-8 moms. At 11pm, 2am and 5am, i was the only one BF, they gave formula and moms sleep well. I was the only one BF at night, when i go to my room, my roomates were already snoring. The first day, nurse brings baby to you and she commented that nothing comes out yet so not impt to BF right away, i wanted to inform her of colostrum but didn't bother.

I had birthplan mainly for BF issues, i said give baby to me asap after delivery once i'm in my room, they gave baby to me after 3 hours! insisting that baby needs to be warmed.

In Adventist, the gave baby in 1 hour. Overall Canossa is okay but won't recommend for first time mom as i feel not all nurses are BF friendly or knowledgeable. You just go to that BF room and figure out how to do it. If you go private room it might be a different story as the baby is with you the whole time and a nurse can assist you. I still prefer Adventist but it's not convenient from my place now. If you plan to BF, attend LLL as early as now, big help if you know more or less what to expect.

Good luck!

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    Thanks a lot Crystal88 for your message here and the PM (just checked it as I have not logged on here for awhile).

Yes, I have been told that you have to persist to remind the nurses in Canossa to bring you the baby for BF and also keep reminding them NOT to bottle feed the baby. I am told not to let the nurse get away with it but just persist.

I have not attended any LLL course but I have read their book. Hope I don't have much trouble with BF.

Thanks, again and best wishes to you and your newborn...

Jessica

BLWC is offline Registered User
    I spent a few days at Canossa earlier in the year and it wasn't too bad. The nurses were very efficient and friendly and while the food wasn't great, it was edible. I was admitted in an emergency situation and they were able to put me in a semi-private room at very short notice and I was in the room by myself most of the time. Hope this helps. Good luck!

fragrance_t is offline Registered User
    my due date is in september, but i still haven't moved to hongkong yet. i plan to arrive in hk late June.
    i already registered in Canossa Hospital. hope it will all be smooth~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12