Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canossa hospital - food?

crystal88 is offline Registered User

Canossa hospital - food?

Hi,

How is the food at Canossa hospital? is there a menu that i can choose what i want or they just bring a set menu for you.

Do they also have a canteen for my husband to have his meal?

Thanks.

Ai li is offline Registered User

I personally dislike the food at Canossa hospital compare to Union hospital. The portion is really small. I had to order additional portion for my breakfast after having their breakfast set. And the menu selection is very limited! Not many choices.

I must also say I am a big breakfast eater!
    eg : 2 slices of toast + 1 hard boiled egg + 1 apple is not enough for me.

Not sure if they have canteen there as we never order anything from the canteen.

I am actually restrain myself of not going back to Canossa if I would to admit to the hopsital again just because of their food and their room (pretty old).

Frenchy is offline Registered User

I delivered at Canossa... and for sure the food is not their biggest hit ! but you know... when you deliver for the first time, and are tired, and your beautiful baby has just arrived, the food is not your first matter... (well, maybe you can ask your husband to bring a few snacks to make it better ;))... There is a canteen, which is mainly used by the nurses and your husband can have a meal there too, it was cheap, but don't expect to keep a great memory of it !!

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User

Smile

Agree with Frenchy but the quality of the food was the last of my worries. Things like the helpfulness of the nurses, bathroom facilities, post-natal support, etc. were a lot more important. It's easier to get your husband, a friend or relative to bring you something that you crave (if you're allowed to eat it, that is )

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User

When I stayed with my son at Canossa I felt the food was as Queen Mary Hospital! You can always order food to be delivered there, if it's too tricky for visitors to bring you in hot food.

OX Jess is offline Registered User

Hi, while you are talking about "Canossa Hospital" and obviously all of you here have experience in giving birth there (I am due in mid-June). I have another concern and would like to ask for some advice:

I phoned up Canossa yesterday to ask if I can visit their hospital for a quick look (to familarise myself with the environment, i.e. where's the labour room, where's baby room, where's toilet, etc). They are very polite on the phone and said, "Yes, of course you can come for a tour, but we cannot promise that you can have a look into the maternity ward because they are all very full. Not just full at the moment but they are full all the time!"

So, after being told that the wards are always full, I asked the nurse on the phone what happens if the common ward is full when I am admitted, she said, "we have to send you to other available but you have to pay for the price of that room", which means more expensive. She then said if there is only First Class room is available, they can only send me to the first class room and I have to pay for the first class room rate!

Now I am a little bit 'worried' about the unfortunate incident may fall on me, having me to check in the first class room, which will require me to pay 30~40K more than my original budget! Any ideas, ladies?

Ai li is offline Registered User

Hi Oxjess,

sorry i cant answer your question as I didnt deliver at canossa hospital.

However, I realised that Canossa hospital is rather small, if I am not mistaken, it is only 4 or 5 levels (floor). I think private rooms occupy almost 50% of it.

Hope this helps. :)

Frenchy is offline Registered User

Well... it's the same in any hospital in fact... but if I'm not wrong, the contrary is not right (asking a private room and at the end being in the common ward), then you still have to pay for the full price (need to be confirmed...). So in any case, and in any place, that's the rule. That's part of the things we can't control...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast