Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: Are you generally happy with your helper(s)?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 66.10%
  • No

20 33.90%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Are you generally happy with your helper(s)?

wanfamily is offline Registered User
    I'm actually v interested reading this thread. I'm on my first helper.(new to all this) We hired her because she seems very honest, has good attitude and seems genuinely caring about our children. Negative side: her cooking ability is poor. (Trying to train her up at the moment and she is trying - but she's having difficulty saying goodbye to all the oil and salt!), she is very forgetful and lacks common sense sometimes. I'm going back to work on a few months and I'm going through the 'ahhh - what to do' phase..Children are the priority, so it it better to ignore the odd frustration with less important things rather than risk getting someone who is less caring about the kids..? I'm intererested to what makes up the 'perfect helper' and how easy they are to come by. My rational at the moment is that you're not going to get a mixture of Mary Poppins and Gordon Ramsey willing to work for a helper's wage????!

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    yes.

sadly, our helper has just announced that she is heading to canada. i knew this was coming...she told me when she applied to the agency months ago.

our helper is discreet, loyal, loving to the kids, flexible and tries her hardest every single day. she doesn't sulk and we talk out communication issues. i am going to miss her.

lylee is offline Registered User
    this post is very encouraing. we currently have a helper (our first one) who's been with us for the past 6 months & i'm very disappointed with her so far. however, i'm afraid to switch because might get an even worse one. however, after reading this post & given what happened yesterday (while my husband/i went out to pick up some groceries in the evening, we told her to keep an eye/ear out for baby who's sleeping... when we got home, instead of doing what we told her, she was taking a shower. when i questioned her, she said she could hear baby while taking a shower with the bathroom doors closed!) i have now decided to look for a new helper once & for all. wish me luck!

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    I like to think that helpers are like MIL's --it's down to the luck of the draw, really. :)

e-mum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by lylee View Post
    this post is very encouraing. we currently have a helper (our first one) who's been with us for the past 6 months & i'm very disappointed with her so far. however, i'm afraid to switch because might get an even worse one. however, after reading this post & given what happened yesterday (while my husband/i went out to pick up some groceries in the evening, we told her to keep an eye/ear out for baby who's sleeping... when we got home, instead of doing what we told her, she was taking a shower. when i questioned her, she said she could hear baby while taking a shower with the bathroom doors closed!) i have now decided to look for a new helper once & for all. wish me luck!
    The helper sounds a bit irresponsible and not respecting your instructions.

e-mum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeroo View Post
    I like to think that helpers are like MIL's --it's down to the luck of the draw, really. :)
    I agree! How true!

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    This is our 2nd helper and we're very happy with her. Has common sense (which is on par with ours), we communicate OK and she's great with my toddler. Of course she has the odd annoying habit/forgetful moment but it's not enough to get me worked up and fire her. Our first one just didn't have a clue so I think to get a helper who thinks the same way as you do is the key.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    We love our helper too! She's made our lives so much easier. She is wonderful with our son, in the kitchen cooking and allows my husband and I spend time together too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast