Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: Are you generally happy with your helper(s)?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 66.10%
  • No

20 33.90%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Are you generally happy with your helper(s)?

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    I always try and remind myself that no matter how much I love my helper she does come from a different world to mine with different opportunities and that I should take nothing for given.
    Amen to that. :)

HK2008 is offline Registered User

Thanks aussiegal. Sorry I was so shocked that my fingers could not type as fast as usual...I'm speechless after reading this story. I will take this trust thing to a very serious level from now on. Thanks again for this warning.

carang is offline Registered User

i agree, aussiegal, i believe that your story is much of an urban legend. i've heard it many times in my 14 yrs here. each time the details are slightly different, but essentially it is the same story.

anniese is offline Registered User

Just read this news from the other forum, the maid keep kicking the kid, it's shocking and tears welled up my eyes. Can't believe someone could do that to a small kid.

Maid kicks, kicks and kicks child

WARNING: Video may be disturbing to some viewers.

radicalmum is offline Registered User

Oh my god! oh my god! oh my holy god! I can't bear to finish the clip! I totally feel for the parent and how traumatize and hurt the child is.

When my helper(first one) came 7 months ago, my baby was only 2 months old and i never left her alone with my maid(yes, i was paranoid and hormonal). But over the course of time, we got to know each other, we both aren't perfect, alot of learning, adjusting and communications later...

I'm happy with my helper but i'm not taking chances.. not that i don't trust her nor i think that she would do that but it's for a peace of my mind.

I'll be moving in 1 month time and i'm definitely going to install a surveillance system prior to moving in and let my maid know that it's mainly for me to check on baby because i miss her...

Or does anybody have experiences to share on having surveillance cameras at home? do you inform your helper about it? how do you make it sound less offensive or?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by anniese View Post
    Just read this news from the other forum, the maid keep kicking the kid, it's shocking and tears welled up my eyes. Can't believe someone could do that to a small kid.

Maid kicks, kicks and kicks child

WARNING: Video may be disturbing to some viewers.
    cheers,
    haz

HK2008 is offline Registered User

I couldn't continue watching even for a few seconds. It's sickening to my stomach and making my blood boil. We really have to be super careful when picking a maid to look after our little precious. And when I go back to work, I will install a computer cam and will let my helper know that I've installed it(to respect her privacy).

Hunter is offline Registered User

Cara, read your post under What do you miss about home?, you seem to be super satisfied with your helper. Can you share with us here how good your helper is?

carang is offline Registered User

1) she disciplines (or tries to) the way i want her to. she uses time-outs and toy confiscation
    2) FANTASTIC cook (most of the time! LOL)!!!
    3) never complains (at least not to me)
    4) have never had problems with debt collectors etc. we told her at the begining that we were not bank machines. that we have our own commitments. she has only ever asked us for an advance once or twice in over 4 years. when she needed money she came to us and asked us for advice on her options. she wasn't looking for a loan, but she recognised that we may have more knowledge in this area than she did and she heeded our advice.
    5) she is fairly honest. i'm sure that there are little white lies that i haven't encountered, but nothing major.
    6) she has a nice group of friends that all seem to take care of each other (i've met most of them)
    7) she truly misses my kids when she hasn't seen them
    8) my kids LOVE her to bits
    9) she's quite private, but isn't scared to ask to watch american idol with me.
    10) she's never given us any major problems etc.
    11) she makes my life SOOOOO much easier 95% of the time
    12) she has a lovely family and a great husband whom she loves very much (we are trying to hire him, too, but he's been working in Saudi Arabia for years)
    13) she works with a goal in mind. she's built a house and put her son through school and now university
    14) she's that extra set of hands that almost every mother wishes she had
    15) she allows me the freedom to work and to occasionally go out with hubby without worrying how my kids are

ummm... that's all i can come up with from the top of my head, but i'm sure there's more.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast