Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bottle Recommendation

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Bottle Recommendation

I missed the small window of opportunity to introduce the bottle to my son. I did it about a week or two late, as we had many BF issues from birth and I wanted to make sure he was going strong. Anyway, he rejected it, numerous nipple shapes. I tried it, my husband did, different locations, times of days, lots of ways. He hated it and got very upset.

BUT - I just bought a BreastFlow bottle by the First Years. It's got a whole different nipple technology happening. It really mimics the natural nipple. Anyway, I tried giving it to him myself today and after a bit of fussing, he realised that he just had to suck the same way and he did it! I don't plan on weaning him off me anytime soon, but it's just nice to have options, and you never know when you can't be around sometime.

So if you have had any problems with introducing the bottle to your breastfed baby, I highly recommend this kind of bottle.
    Anyway, just thought I'd share!

kindredspirit is offline Registered User
    Where did you buy the Breastflow bottles? I am interested in purchasing them.

Many thanks,

Mary

rani is offline Administrator
    We sell the Breastflow bottles on ShopinHk

Hong Kong Feeding | Baby Shop | Hong Kong Online Shopping

I bought it at a no-name(at least to me) baby store (but a surprisingly good one) at the Discovery Park Mall in Tsuen Wan. I paid 59.90 for the 250 ml one - the 150 ml one is 49.90, I think. They also have bottle sets.

kindredspirit is offline Registered User
    Thank you very much! :)

MLBW Guest
    Maybe he just decided that it was time to give it a go...babies do that too. I know with our son sometimes we've had to try lots of different times until he finally decides he wants to do something. Glad you can now use a bottle with him.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    MLBW, you are right as that happened when we introduced the sippy cup to our son. I must have bought 4 before he found one he liked. Now that he knows how to drink it, he can used the other 3 without any problems.

Yes, this could be true, but just the fact that he took the bottle from ME, in his most alert time, is something. Usually it would have to be my husband, and at his sleepy time, for anything to happen.
    And he actually fussed with it at first and used his tongue on it the same way he did the normal bottles(not very well). Then he realised that he could use his tongue the same way as with my own nipple. That's when he started to take it. So it wasn't really a kind of psychological thing. From what I saw, it was physiological, bc it was about his tongue and how he was used to drinking.
    Anyway, I'm just happy that I have options now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast