Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Help!!! Full time mum desperate looking for a job!

Hunter is offline Registered User

Help!!! Full time mum desperate looking for a job!

I've been in marketing for years. am desperate to get back to work in marketing after being a full time mom for a while. i am good in mandarin, cantonese and of course ENglish too. market is so tough. am so worried. I really need a job. Please help!

HK2008 is offline Registered User
    I really feel for you...I only sent out one resume weeks ago and didn't hear anything from the recruitment agency...Market is very tough at the moment. My hubby said it's gonna get tougher. His company will have another cut on head count very soon in April...So he asked me to 'stay put', 'enjoy being a full time mom for the time being'...

How long have you been a full time mom? I think it's perfectly ok with one or two years. I would worry if longer than that. I may become too slack to be looking for a job. Are there any moms out there who have an easy or hard time going back to the work force after staying at home for a while? Please share your experience....

Thanks in advance!

for me even worse, I sent almost 10 applications each day, and I have already lowered my standard to apply relatively junior positions, but still no news from any of them. I have got a response telling me that my profile is too good for the position they are offering. Gosh! what do they want me to do? so worried abt the future. I am so scared to think about the future.

full time mom for a year by now. and how about you?

how old is your baby? wanna meet up and share experience and stress?

HK2008 is offline Registered User
    Dear Hunter,
    I've been a full time mom for almost 1 & half years; and I took one year off for my first born as well. I would love to meet you up to share experience; but I'm not stressed, seriously:) And I would suggest you to stay calm too. Your stress and worries would affect your baby and the quality of your life...You are in a very good position in your job hunting: knowing canto and mandarin is such a big plus esp. if you are into marketing positions in hk. I guess because you are experienced, the employers will have to pay more; and they know you won't settle for long in a junior position; and also, even if you are happy to settle for less, most companies have a policy in regards to pay grade to match peoples' qualifications and experiences. So I would still go for something more compatible to what you can offer.

You can pm me then we'll talk more using our personal emails. Good luck!

HK2008, yes pls. pls PM me your email. Thanks