Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Doctor Joseph Pang & 2 Nurses

EXPERIENCED MOM is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Doctor Joseph Pang & 2 Nurses

Today I went to see Doctor Pang with my helper for my son's 18 month vaccination. The rudeness and tone and the way the nurses treated by baby was way out of line. It was very early in the morning, and there was only 1 patient waiting outside. As usual my son has to be weighed and measured. The two nurses wanted my son to be weighed and suggested we can use the stand up weight measurer, he took around 1 minute to get settled and the nurses were not happy we were taking up their "time" . One of them said we have a lot of patients and tried to rush us, during this time, my baby was getting more upset as their voice and tone was loud and rude. After we eventually got weighed, the two nurses forcibly held him down to have his head measured. At that point I told them to stop what they were doing as they were assaulting my son to get their job done.

It was our turn to see Doctor Pang. I said I wanted to tell him that he had 2 very rude nurses and I wanted to tell him what happened. Before I even began, he said "I don't think so, if our nurses were rude and unfriendly, I wouldn't be able to survive in Central for the last 10 years and have as many patients as I have". He went on to defend his nurses and his practice, before I even got to tell him what happened. I asked him, are you going to let me tell you what happened ? Will you let me say something ? then he said, go on..As I told him, he interrupted me and said "If my nurses were so bad and rude, I wouldn't be able to survive in Central for the last 10 years, in fact, I have a lot of clients who "LOVE" my nurses, there are a lot of Hong Kong doctors out there, in fact, I have noted that you and your husband are the not easiest whenever I try to give your baby the shots and you always want to do things your way..and whenever your son is upset, you want to stop that and do it your way." I said all mothers and fathers get anxious and I think this is normal to which he replied "I don't think so, not everyone is like you". He then suggested maybe we don't fit your style and there are plenty of doctors out there. At point, I said we are not coming back here again and we will not be taking the shot today.

To be a doctor, you must at least have compassion, love and understanding. The nurses make up a big part of the practice and the tone that they used and their important time attitude is totally unacceptable. I would not recoommend Doctor Joseph Pang, and he doesn't come cheap either. If you want to spend big bucks to see a celebrity doctor who is "famous", but end up with nurses mis-handling your child with bad attitude, then you know where to go, but you will regret it.

I regret paying him for the last 18 months only to find out today, that to them, we are just another disposable patient he can lose because "he has a lot of clients who loves him".

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Check out Dr. Dannie Ting. Even with her many patients, we never ever felt rushed during our consultations. I feel that she genuinely listens and acknowledges our concerns. Her nurses are quite friendly and caring as well. Dr. Ting's in the same building as Dr. Pang.

manya_feb is offline Registered User
    yea experience mom, you are right. Even i had such experience i found that doctor itself is very rude. When i went, he was wearing mask on his face wasn't ready to listen to me for something. Afterwards i decided not to see him again.
    you are right.
    manya

jaetee is offline Registered User
    Dr. Angela Lau at Island Health / Central Health is very nice as well - she takes her time with patients and never rushes.

Neha is offline Banned
    All Doctors wear the mask because of health reasons. Dr Dannie Ting does too. She recently had change of nurses but the new ones are nice too.

joannek is offline Registered User
    not only is he like that. Dr. Leo Chan is similar. both docs are highly popular amongst the local community.

i just had my baby at Matilda 3 weeks ago. I was chatting w/ a midwife about how local docs don't like to go to Matilda. She had a very valid observation. At the Matilda (& I think most foreign docs/obgyn/pediatricians), the docs & midwives are pro-patient, meaning that they do what the patients wants. in the local community, it's pro-doc, meaning the patient, nurses, midwives do what the doc want. i think it's true, in the local community, doctors are professionals, and you may not question them or criticize them or tell them what YOU want. you have to do what HE/SHE wants, what they're used to, their practise. I"m sorry, I'm local chinese, born & raised here but I believe if we're the customers, we should have our say.

so go ahead & switch doctor. we go to Thondup & he's wonderful.

joannek is offline Registered User
    o & btw, in hk, being a doctor to a lot of docs are not because he/she is compassionate & want to help people. a lot of them became doctors cos their parents wanted them to be, and it was a prestigious occupation, one that will earn you a lot of $$$.

asdasd is offline Registered User
    I'm happy to see this thread! i just hate that Dr. <snip> (I know it's rude to say it but J. Pang deserves it after treating his patient as idiot) Every time I asked him questions, it seemed like I was taking up his 'time', showing his impatience to me.

To be a pediatrician, he has to at least show a little bit of caring to new parents. It's ugly to tell everyone i just care about money!

I stopped going there before my girl turned 1 and go to Leo Chan instead, he's a lot better than Joseph Pang.
    Last edited by shri; 03-28-2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: keep it clean...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast