Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Helpers' working time

sandy0741 is offline Registered User
    I have already decided to terminate her contract, and I'm now looking for another one, she just seems more and more weird to me. Yesterday, she was wearing sleevless blouse, and I saw her top part of her left arms having very big purple marks, it's just like someone has been hit or beaten. I asked her what had happened and she just told me she didn't know either. It's just so weird.

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    I am an alarmist, I would terminate her immediately and pay her payment in lieu of notice. She sounds like she has an idea of your plans anyway, and already starting to act strange. Too many horrific stories out there with regards to helpers being given notice or final warning and not treating the children they look after nicely. She may not be one, but since you are dissatisfied with her work and planning to terminate her soon, better be safe than sorry.

sandy0741 is offline Registered User
    What can I do to ensure I am protected, with those marks she made on her body, I just think she might be planning to do something against me if i terminate her. I have heard stories about maids who wish to stay longer in HK would make charges against their boss out of no reason.

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    Did you hire her thru an agent? I would tell your agent that she has been acting really strange with the bruises and make it appear that you are keeping her but am worried about her. Hopefully, they will have some clever way to sort it out, cos they must have seen so many cases like this.

I guess you can also speed it up on your terms, call the police and tell them she has been acting strange with self-inflicted bruises and you are going to fire her and you fear she may do something dangerous, then when they arrive, fire her in their presence. That way,if she is planning no good, she would not have the time to prepare, if she is not, then it's ok too.

Not very clever ideas, I am afraid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123