Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Sweet and low

adahc is offline Registered User

Sweet and low

Hi I just found out that I am pregnant! Totally unexpected but happy. However, I have been having sweet and low sugar for a while including during the time I was pregnant without knowing. I searched on the internet and found that it probably the ONLy type of sugar that is a big No for the pregnant. I am nervous! Did anyone have it and the baby turn out ok?

I'm already 36 years old which is considered 'old' to have a baby. I shpuld be more relax with my second but I'm not.
    Will I be ok?

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Sorry to ask, but what is sweet and low sugar ?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I can`t imagine you`d be that far enough along (without knowing) and consume that much that it would harm the baby. I also had an unexpected pregnancy (he`s now 11 weeks old) and had consumed an drink or two before I knew (including the celebratory one when the faulty pregnancy test said negative).
    I would not worry so much about it, and anyway, what`s done is done. Now you know.
    Plus, a lot of products contain aspirtame these days that don`t outrightly advertise it, like most chewing gum etc.
    And you are NOT too old! And congratulations!

It's like equal but contains sagarine in it instead. I'm 4-5 weeks pregnant. I usually have3 tables of Sweet-n-low in my coffee, a cup/day.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Thanks ;)... well, if you consider that the placenta is formed only around the 3rd week, there is no blood exchange between you and the foetus at the beginning of the pregnancy.
    I just had a look at Sweetn'Low internet site, and they confirm that there is no problem with being pregnant or bf with the intake of saccharin....
    And I confirm, you are not too old !! (I was older when I got my first baby ;))...
    Congratulations !!

Thank you so much for this. I feel much better although not physically feel better:) My morning sickness is worse than the previous!

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    hi adahc
    glad you got answers about your sweet n low question...i'm just here to say CONGRATULATIONS.

as a mum who did IVF, the concept of a "surprise" pregnancy just seems like such a wonderful, amazing gift. congratulations to you and dh!!!

Thank you so much dimsum mum. It is wonderful although so tough...this time round.