Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shoes that squeak

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    If you took out the squeaker part of the shoes, then why wouldn`t you just buy normal shoes ??

I always thought they were so the parents could keep track of the child.

MLBW Guest
    Andrea, you can take out the squeaker? How? With the ones we had, you'd have to cut 'em open with a knife to get it out which would pretty much ruin the shoes--so there would be little point in buying them in the first place in that case.

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    My in laws just purchased some for my daughter from Stanley market. They are very cute, but thankfully once I get sick of the noice the squeek is removable. My daughter is walkling along furniture but not yet letting go, so she finds it a real joy to be able to make this noise with her feet. Her walking has already improved, and she is just so proud of herself! They had a pretty big range in Stanley

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Oh, by the way MLBW, you can remove the squeek two ways. Firstly you can pull out the whole piece and leave it out. The other option is to pull it out and there is a little white insert in there that can be removed, then you can just replace the actual squeek mechanism so there doesn't look like there is a hole in the heel.

MLBW Guest
    Oh, I see...you must have a totally different pair than the one we were given--the pair we were given--that squeaker is in there and unless you cut the fabric on the inside and surgically remove it, it doesn't come out. Doesn't matter, though, now. Son started walking at 8 months and didn't wear shoes at all at that time as we were in the States and it was summer and he walked around the house and out in the yard. By the time it was shoe season, he was running and climbing on things--the grandparents just thought it was cute to have him squeaking while he walked so they bought him those shoes--but for him they had no learning value whatsoever because by the time he first wore them he was already quite good at walking as he'd been at it for 4-5 months. Anyway...I like the normal shoes.

jaceesperanza is offline Registered User
    haha i'd prefer shoes that lights up. After a while squeaking shoes would get really annoying. Cute at first though... and for a LITTLE while..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12