Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shoes that squeak

southside852 is offline Registered User

Shoes that squeak

Does anyone know where I can buy shoes for my 16 month year old that squeak when he walks?

We've seen them in his Tutor Time class and the helper doesn't know where the mom got them. Would love to find out where!

Thanks!

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Have you checked out the two shoe shops on Old Stanley Street?

MLBW Guest
    Uh....please don't. Before we had a baby I would always hear that really annoying squeaking sound when local babies and toddlers were walking around with those shoes on and I said, "Oh, that is so annoying!" (like someone repeatedly squeezing a rubber ducky--like 20-30 times/minute) Then when my son was born and started walking his Chinese grandparents blessed us with a pair--then it became a little cuter--just because he is our son and anything he does (almost) seems pretty cute to us. I read here on Geobaby that those shoes (if they are the proper design and brand) help a baby learn to walk correctly somehow. I say they are still annoying so as soon as we could find another pair of shoes that fit my son well, it was bye bye to the squeak shoes. Anyway...why do you want your child to wear them?

e-mum is offline Registered User
    You should be able to find them in large dept. stores such as Wing On or Jusco. Ask the sales person when you get to the shoe section.

carang is offline Registered User
    i call those shoes a "grandparent's gift".... you know the kind... they think it's cute and it is for the first 1 minute or so, then the cuteness wears off and you are stuck listening to that squeak, while the grandparents get to go home and away from the sound.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    ok, yes, yes i can see how it would get slightly annoying after a while, but thought it would be good to keep my little walker walking! thanks everyone!

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    Please don't get a pair. I can only imagine the phycological damage it must cause a child to 'squeak' every time they walk!

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    You can get them at the children clothing and shoe shop on Li Yuen East (but could be West, I forgot which one, but they run parallel to each other) Street in Central. As for the "annoying" squeak, you can always take out the squeaker bit if it starts to bother you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast