Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Transport to the hospital when you are in labor

bart is offline Registered User

Transport to the hospital when you are in labor

Just wondering if the cabbies here will refuse to take you when you are in labor and rushing to a hospital.. possibly with your water leaking already. Or do you not tell them that you are in labor but offer to pay for the cleaning fee if you dirtied their cab?

I guess ambulance is not an option unless in the absolute emergencies too right?

thanks!

Frenchy is offline Registered User

There is no problem with getting a taxi while you are in labor... I was water leaking when I got one, and just made sure I got a extra towel and a maternity pad (well, it was at 4am so I guess the driver didn't see too much what was happening :)).
    Good luck !

megan2008 is offline Registered User

I took a taxi too with my water leaking horribly. I wore a maternity pad and took a towel and was fine; there was no mess and I didn't really need the towel. The taxi driver didn't mention any problems. They even drove during a typhoon level 9 (they did charge double though )

bart is offline Registered User

thanks gals, looks like towel is the way to go! I guess i was just imagining the water breaking like a dam breaking from what i see in tv series and movies. i will pack in that extra towel with my hospital bag then :)

Frenchy is offline Registered User

Water breaking can be different for every woman... you can have contractions and go to the hospital and have the water breaking there (or with the help of the doctor), you can have a water breaking very suddenly and lose everything in 5 mn, and it can leak very slowly and last for hours, like I did, during 7 hours !

tstmum is offline Registered User

I didn't take a taxi while in labour as we have a car, but in addition to a towel I had a waterproof mattress protector that was later used on the baby's cot in my hospital bag in case my waters broke before/on the way. (No mess in the end, as had the membranes ruptured in hospital to speed up labour)

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Yeah, and if you lie down after your water breaks, it really slows down. I rode in a taxi for 2 hours after my water broke (from SZ to GZ) but just sat really low back in the seat.
    And you wouldn`t know it by who responded here, but only 10% of women`s water breaks first. As in my case, it resulted in a c-section, so I hope your water doesn`t break first for you.

carang is offline Registered User

no reason in the world that you can't call an ambulance.

999 is the number you need. they'll ask you what you need.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast