Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Mother-to-be photos

CherA is offline Registered User

Mother-to-be photos

Hi All,
    I'm 19 weeks pregnant and am thinking to take nice photos of my bump with my first born as this is most probably my last pregnancy. When is the best time to take the photos and does anyone have recommendation on a good photographer?

MLBW Guest
    I have read that at about 6 months (24 weeks) is the best time to have the photos taken but if this is your second pregnancy maybe a bit sooner would better. It totally depends on the person, though. By 24 weeks you "look pregnant" but you're not to the stage where you feel absolutely miserable (as a lot of pregnant ladies get) or your are starting to retain a lot of water weight--you're not "too big" yet. For me, if I had waited more than 6 months I would have been gigantic in the photos and it would have been cumbersome to get into poses etc. For some women they don't even really start to "show" until they're well into their last trimester. As you have already had one pregnancy experience before this you may be able to better judge what time would be good. The general rule is 6 months.

For our pregnancy photos we went to Nolly Leung and were very pleased with the results. This is her website and one of our photos is on there:

Nolly Leung Photography

CherA is offline Registered User
    Thanks a lot MLBW. Yes you are so right I don't want to look gigantic in the pix! 6 months is a good time as I already feel that my bump this time shows earlier and bigger than that of my last pregnancy. Will definitely take a look at the website. Could you also give me an indication on how much did she charge? Thanks again!

MLBW Guest
    Cher, I PMed you.