Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Which Disney hotel to stay at?

e-mum is offline Registered User

Which Disney hotel to stay at?

We're thinking of staying at one of the Disney hotels next week during the Easter holiday. Any suggestions on which one is better to stay at? I have a 4 yr. old son and b/g twins at 18 mths.

mumsy is offline Registered User
    For the kids, I would definitely say the Hollywood hotel.

They have a playroom with wooden kitchen toys and books, and also offer various arts/crafts activities throughout the day.

There's the piano shaped swimming pool and some outdoor play areas. You can also take photos next to the big Hollywood sign and fancy cars.

There are only two eateries - the buffet place (I think kids under 3yr eat for free) and a fast food style cafe. Also there is no room service at this hotel.

Obviously the Disneyland hotel is more beautiful but there isn't really anything for the kids except for the maze. In any case, you can still visit the grounds even if you're not a guest there.

The shuttle bus goes to both hotels, or you can walk it along the prom and overlooking the lake.

jane01 is offline Registered User
    Just to be different, I like the Disneyland Hotel. My girls particularly enjoy the waterslide and the pool as well as breakfast and dinner with the characters. Anyone can book meals with the characters, you don't have to be staying at the hotel, but it is convenient. The hotel also has a number of activities for children each day, eg. arts and craft, etc.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    The Disneyland Hotel also has a playroom similar to the one at the Hollywood Hotel.

We've tried both. For the kids, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter at all which hotel you stay in, but amenities-wise, I liked the Disneyland Hotel better. The room that we had at the Disneyland Hotel was much bigger and nicer.

mumsy is offline Registered User
    Sorry I didn't realise there was also a playroom at the Disneyland hotel. Has it always been there? We didn't see it the last time we went, although that was a while back.

Hollywood hotel is definitely 'less frills' but it's adequate if you plan on spending most of the day at the park, and just using the hotel for breakfast and sleeping.

If it's your first stay at a Disney hotel and want more of a magical experience, then I would splurge on the nicer Disneyland hotel.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    The playroom at the Disneyland Hotel is conveniently on the same floor where the spa is. I guess they do all they can to make it easier for the moms to pamper themselves knowing that the kids are right next door having a good time themselves. :)

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    First choice -> Disneyland Hotel :)

I didn't realize there's a playroom either, we'll check it out today. Thanks for the tips!!