Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Due December 09 - Christmas babies!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    hey mcblowfish! my first pregnancy also and i'm also getting married in july! pregnancy was a happy surprise. ditto on the nausea...hopefully it will be less and less. my 13th week is next week...we have a scan so maybe we can find out the sex by then!

mcblowfish is offline Registered User
    Oh wow! Glad to know someone who's in the same situation. Do you have to get your wedding gown altered? I am really stressed out because of all the plan changes (ie honeymoon). Good luck in finding out the gender of the baby!

hey! well, lucky i don't have a dress yet. i went to shenzhen with my mom who has a tailor she trusts so crossing my fingers it will turn out ok. maybe your travel agent can enquire about making changes due to your situation? thanks! our appt is on friday.

Monty is offline Registered User
    Hi girls,

Congratualations on your pregnancies and your weddings! How uncanny, I am also having my wedding in August and am having the same dress dillema! The dillema being I don't have a dress to wear and only two months to get one organised. Help - any suggestions?

Apologies for not posting on the December forum for so long. I am due on December 10 and did start this forum back in April. However I didn't get any responses for so long that I jumped into the November forum.

I am nearly 15 weeks along and glad the the nausea is finally subsiding. As long as I eat every couple of hours I am fine. A big improvement from before when I could not stomach anything for hours on end.

If you ever feel like meeting up and talking weddings and babies let me know!

:)

hey monty, it would be nice to meet some other december moms. i've looked up some maternity wedding dress sites, but because mine is coming up in less than 6 weeks now, i don't have time to order a dress...i just went up to shenzhen yesterday to get one made and hopefully an empire waist style will be able to grow with me :) i'm just starting my 13th week and i'm hoping my nausea is subsiding too....it was a pretty rough first trimester. congrats too!

mcblowfish is offline Registered User
    Hi girls, in a way it's good that you don't have a dress yet. The other day when i found out that i couldn't zip my gown up, i cried for 10 minutes. I guess it was (the hormone, and) because I have planned my wedding for a year and the dress took 6 months to order and suddenly this pregnancy happens and it is so unexpected. But of cos, nothing really matters as long as the baby is healthy. it's just that it's my first pregnancy and I am kinda freaked out.

My nausea is NOT going away (damn it!) and I am 14th week already. Every morning i feel like i am hungover and i wasn't even drinking!

For Monty, I don't think there's enuf time to order a dress. I would suggest that you rent a gown with an empire waist that you can adjust. There are lotsa shops in hk that offers rental service. The other option is vintage gown. My friend bought her vintage gown online and it only costs a couple of thousands in hong kong dollars and it looked absolutely amazing. The vintage gowns usually are not tight-fitted and have layers of lace that can cover up the bump. There's also a shop in Causeway Bay that sells vintage gown. They are around a couple of thousands and they looked quite loose to me. (last time i checked was 9 months ago tho).

Good luck to all december moms and bride-to-be! btw which hospital are you guys booked? May be we'll bump into each other in the delivery room too!

Monty is offline Registered User
    Hi Banane and McBlowfish,

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking of going up to Shenzen and ordering a gown to be made. The lack of time has me worried however! McBlowfish - sorry to hear about your gown not fitting. I can understand why you were crying! I would be too! Can I ask the website that your friend ordered her vintage gown from? Unfortunately I am unable to rent anything as we are having our wedding in Australia and not in Hong Kong.

The morning hangover - that is exactly how I described morning sickness to my partner! It is dreadful isn't it? Especially seeing as you don't get the joy of enjoying that glass of wine or two the night before!

Hospital - we are still deciding. It really is a decision between Canossa and Queen Mary.

As for a meet up - I am pretty flexible with times. Just need to set a day/time.

Hate the morning sickness...I thought it was over and I felt sick a few times last week...so far so good this week though...crossing our fingers for all of us! I think we've decided on private doctor, but then going to Queen Mary. Do you both work during the week?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast