Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Preschool questions

justineg is offline Registered User

Preschool questions

Finally arrived in HK and have a pre-school question for you. Am new to the world of HK preschool (coming from Aussie long daycare) - so my (stupid!) question is:

Most have a morning session, an afternoon session, and a full day session.
    Does that mean they HAVE to go all five days (I'm guessing that's the case - that's how they've worked out the monthly fee structure) or can you choose/apply for a couple of days a week?

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Ap Lei Chau
    Depends on the school may be ? I've registered my son for preschool (he hasn't started yet but there is a waiting list) for 2 mornings per week only. They offered the choice between, 2, 3 or 5 mornings or afternoon per week.
    If you have already choosen your school, they will probably inform you about it.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    most schools in our area are all 5 days only - with the options you mention (morning, afternoon or full day).

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong, Mid Levels
    The pre-school my daughter will be starting shortly is the same structure as Frenchy's - we're doing 3 mornings a week, but there was a 2 morning option plus the same for afternoons.

Neha is offline Banned
    Mid Levels, Hong Kong
    we know somebody who sends her kid only 4 times a week 3 hours a day. so actually u can speak to the school.

We started with 2 times a week 1.5 hrs each time , then moved to 3 times a week with 1.5 hrs each and now we are moving to 5 days a week 3 hours. So u need to check with the school u select for your child.