Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bugaboo vs. Combi stroller ??

SophieHK is offline Registered User

Bugaboo vs. Combi stroller ??

Which one do you think is the best between a Combi and the Bugaboo Bee? In terms of comfort for a new born baby and a convenient stroller for a Mum in HK ! also my husband worries that the combi is not solid enough..
    Combi has many models, any advice on which one if the best?
    Thanks in advance for your help!!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    From going around in HK, I cannot believe the people I have seen with huge `sturdy` strollers. I have a Combi Well-comfort. It`s 4.2 kg - the lightest I have seen. My baby is really comfortable in it and for the amount of stairs in HK, believe me, the lighter the better. I know they seem a bit dainty but so far it`s been ok. The only complaint I would have is that the wheels are a bit small, so when going over rought terrain it`s more noticeable. But this was more of a concern when my baby was a newborn and his head was bobbing around. now he`s 3 months and it`s ok. but I`m still glad I got the Combi - it`s pretty reasonably priced. Oh, but there`s not really a big storage bag underneath. But it`s got a one-hand fold-up feature so that is also really convenient in HK. There`s another Combi model that folds up even more and has a strap to go over your shoulder. But it was heavier and more expensive. I just wanted the lightest one possible.

babyumma is offline Registered User
    I have a Combi Miracle Turn. It's slightly heavier than Well-comfort at around 6kg but the wheels swivel much better I find.. I do find the stroller to be slightly on the flimsy side but it's perfect for going around malls etc. (easy to maneuver on steps and escalators) We have no regrets on buying such a lightweight stroller at all really but are planning to buy a sturdier one with bigger wheels when the baby is around 6 months to go around outdoorsy areas.
    I think for HK, 2 strollers make sense.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    I personally would stay away from Combi ... too much plastic, too flimsy, breaks down way too easily (I was advised by both BRU and Right Start, in US) not to go with Combi. I had one, regretted it, and sold it for a small loss on Craigslist. I am not sure what your main purpose is for the stroller but possibly the Bugaboo Bee (I had a regular Bugaboo a couple of years ago, it's great, but the drawback is the folding in 2 pieces which is not great when traveling by public transport, etc.) or a MacLaren (folds small, easy to travel, fairly light but not as light since it has less plastic then the Combi). I have a double for the twins, it's super super sturdy, we travel with it everywhere by plane and it's still in 1 piece. But I agree babyumma, I never had one stroller, always 2, one for walking and one for travelling ...

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Agree with the above, I have two - a bugaboo frog (the big one like the chamelon but an old model) and a small maclaren quest. Also it very much depends on where you live, if you'll take public transport or taxis a lot.. We live in Pokfulam so the bug is great for the wide streets and hills, plus we also do a lot of walking in the country/beach. The Maclaren is for when I go into central on my own and for travelling, on planes etc.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by LeahH View Post
    Agree with the above, I have two - a bugaboo frog (the big one like the chamelon but an old model) and a small maclaren quest. Also it very much depends on where you live, if you'll take public transport or taxis a lot.. We live in Pokfulam so the bug is great for the wide streets and hills, plus we also do a lot of walking in the country/beach. The Maclaren is for when I go into central on my own and for travelling, on planes etc.
    Sounds like my (stroller) life before twins! I had a Frog with a Chicco umbrella stroller (quite cheap but still alive 4 years later and thousands of miles!).

Suv
    Suv is offline Registered User
    I have a Bugaboo Bee and am quite pleased with it. Its not as plasticky and is well designed (both safety and looks). Its about 18 or 20lbs- pretty easy to fold and move around in taxis but you do need 2 hands to fold it so I normally have the baby in a carrier.

allyberg5 is offline Banned
    I have a Combi stroller and I I like it because it is reasonably priced and lightweight. The best part is that it is not complicated to set up or fold down.