Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stroller advice

stamcel is offline Registered User

Stroller advice

Dear members,

I will be moving to HK in July and expecting a baby in Sept. I am beginning to purchase items for the little one...I was wondering if you could advise me on the type of stroller I should buy. I am not familiar with HK, I hear there are several hills and the stroller should be compact enough to put in and out of taxis....but other than that I have no idea....can you offer some advice on some brand names. We will be living on the island....and I can get a stroller shipped from Canada ...if needed.

Kind regards,

Celine:yeah2

BabyC is offline Registered User
    hi celine

we are using the peg perego p3 and found it pretty good. it is a bit heavy but my baby seems feeling very comfy when sitting in the stroller

we bought it in jacadi in hk

megan2008 is offline Registered User
    I use the quinny zap with attatched maxi cosi car seat (you have to buy seperately). It folds up nicely and weights around 13 pounds. While it isn't manatory to have a baby in a carseat it is nice to have when in a taxi. Also, it is nice for flights. Hope that helps.

chenaults1 is offline Registered User
    Hi Celine,

I live in Discovery Bay and pretty much any stroller will work here. I have the Peg Perego and I love it BUT it is not good for the buses here in DB as some of the drivers (not all) make you fold them up and take your baby out. I find this hard to do when I'm by myself. If you go into the city, it can be heavy carrying it up stairs if you're alone as well.

I know a lot of moms have the Maclaren Strollers as they are very easy to use in the City and in DB. The Maclaren Quest is good for babies and up as it reclines all the way back. I am planning on purchasing one soon due to the ease of getting around the city with it and onto buses. You can buy two strollers a bigger one, which probably will be more comfortable for your newborn and the Maclaren Quest for those days you are in the city. If you want to buy just one, I would go with the Maclaren because I think you will eventually buy one anyway. :)

You can get them at Bumps to Babes and Eugene's here in HK but I find things more expensive in Hong Kong then in Canada or the USA (where I am from). I would buy it before you come. If you already have one for your newborn then just bring them both.

Hope this helped some. I am sorry for the LONG response but I wanted to give as much insight as I could.

Ray

chenaults1 is offline Registered User
    Hi Celine,

I live in Discovery Bay and pretty much any stroller will work here. I have the Peg Perego and I love it BUT it is not good for the buses here in DB as some of the drivers (not all) make you fold them up and take your baby out. I find this hard to do when I'm by myself. If you go into the city, it can be heavy carrying it up stairs if you're alone as well.

I know a lot of moms have the Maclaren Strollers as they are very easy to use in the City and in DB. The Maclaren Quest is good for babies and up as it reclines all the way back. I am planning on purchasing one soon due to the ease of getting around the city with it and onto buses. You can buy two strollers a bigger one, which probably will be more comfortable for your newborn and the Maclaren Quest for those days you are in the city. If you want to buy just one, I would go with the Maclaren because I think you will eventually buy one anyway. :)

You can get them at Bumps to Babes and Eugene's here in HK but I find things more expensive in Hong Kong then in Canada or the USA (where I am from). I would buy it before you come. If you already have one for your newborn then just bring them both.

Hope this helped some. I am sorry for the LONG response but I wanted to give as much insight as I could.

Ray

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User
    I have a P3 switch also (yet to be used!). It will be MUCH cheaper if you buy it in your home country and bring it with you. Mine cost half the price in the UK than Hong Kong and I checked it in as luggage on the plane at no extra cost. :yeah2

And, you may even be able to purchase it tax free (or claim the tax back) since you are effectively leaving the country. Something else to check out before you move here.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    we use the Macalaren Techno XT and the nice thing about it is that we've had it since birth. In addition,we travel a lot and so it's been great in terms of checking it in at the gate at the airport. It's durable and we haven't had to buy an umbrella stroller which is nice.

Neha is offline Banned
    if u will be using it alot alone and public transport then I would go for a macalaren. We have the peg perego and macalaren .We loved the pp and our son also as it is nicely padded adn also front facing so for the 1st 3 months u can see the baby but once the baby grows it becomes difficult to carry the stroller as well as the baby and pp3 u cannot close with one hand even if they say u can.

Best of luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast