Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Which camera is good?

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Monster View Post
    any comments on Nikon, Sony, or other recommendations? Need to buy a new one asap these days. Thanks a zillion for your input.
    We recently got a Nikon, the digital SLR, and I wish we bought it a long time ago because there is no comparison to the shutter speed of this camera to the crappy smaller Nikon I had a coolpix s9. The bad part is that it is big and bulky so it's a bit of a hassle, the good part is that if your toddler is on the go, your chances of catching him in action would be much better.

Little Monster is offline Registered User
    thanks for the info. just checked the nikon website. wow, even SLR series has so many models. which one do you have? how much is it?
    i am fine with the weight as long as it takes great pictures.

My MIL uses Coolpix, and agree, no good pictures.

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    We bought the one that was discontinued or soon to be discontinued the d80, the new one is d90. When asked the major difference it's basically, you have a screen preview plus can take video for the newer model (D90), since I already had 2 camcorders, didn't see the need for another one, so we opted for the cheaper one. At that time we paid not quite 7K for the D80 kit vs almost 10K for d90?

You can check the latest price at this website. . . www.price.com.hk. along with other products you might be interested in. Happy shopping.

Rosewood is offline Registered User
    We bought the Canon 450D SLR kit (comes with 18-55mm IS lens) from Fortress about a month ago, it takes really sharp pics compared with the Canon Ixus which we also have. Not sure how it compares with the Nikon range though. We've been snapping away like crazy at home, and wish we had bought an SLR camera much earlier. Downside is that it is heavy and bulky to carry around if you are out and about, but I guess thats the price to pay if you want better quality pics. We also bought an additional lens, 55-200mm, which I regret as not sure we'll ever use it since we take pics of the kids mainly, and the camera itself is heavy let alone bringing along an extra lens on outings. We paid around $7500 in total which included additional warranty.

stewartleishman is offline Registered User
    I think all of the above a very good options. You will need to however become more familiar with your camera operating manual. Also these cheaper cameras have very slow lag which means that when you press the button to take the image it takes a second for the shutter to open & close. I actually think that the camera you have already is o.k but you will need to familiarise yourself with all your options by reading the operating manual. I know operating manuals are boring. www.stewartleishman.com

Little Monster is offline Registered User
    stewartleishman, thank you sooo much. IT WORKS after reading the manual carefully. I manage to take some clearer pictures of fast moving events. OMG, hate myself for being lazy. should have read it long long time ago.

thanks a zillion for saving me the $$$$ reserved for a new camera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12