Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looking for Citronella Candles

MLBW Guest
    I have a citronella plant but it does not give off any odor--it only gives off odor if you pluck the leaves and rub them on you--this is pretty normal for these plants, I think. I want a candle so I can sit out on my balcony without being eaten by mosquitos (I live in a village near stagnant water with lots of mosquitos--you probably couldn't imagine!) In fact, I want a bunch of candles that I can burn on the roof of my house during a picnic or anywhere outside. In the States we use citronella torches that actually burn citronella oil.

horseshoe is offline Registered User
    MLBW, I think there are some supermarkets which sell large citronella candles. They are usually so big that they are in a small tin bucket! I recall buying one several years ago but I'm not sure if the supermarkets still stock it.

I'm sorry I can't help with tips on getting the candles in Kowloon or the NT. I'll swing by the shop at Lyndhurst Terrace and check out the prices for you.

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User
    Maybe B&Q in the garden section?

horseshoe is offline Registered User
    I just checked: The Candle Shop at Lyndhurst Terrace has a 3x3 inch citronella candle going for $55. There is a larger one but I didn't check the price.

Hope this helps.

MLBW Guest
    Thanks Horseshoe for going through the trouble to check on that for me!

risaemail is offline Registered User
    You might have already found Citronella candles but I was looking for them myself recently and found a shop selling them locally (Kam Tin Town near Yuen Long) I was so happy to find the shop so I would like to share the information with you.

The shop is called Angel Candle and located in Red Brick House, Lot No. 398-400, Tai Hong Vill., Kam Sheung Road, Kam Tin

They have
    Scetned: Citronella
    Pillar 3x3" $HKD 38.00
    Pillar 3x6" $HKD 56.00
    Tealight(9pc / box) (Plastic Cup): Size Dia. 3.5cm X H 1.5cm $HKD 35.00

The shop seems to be open only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Hope the above is useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12