Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

How helpful is the daddy in taking care of your baby?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

>>>>sorry to have somewhat "downgraded" this site, as all seem to be very well-off families.

My husband is the only one working - I stay at home with the baby. Aside from his company looking after our very local (in tsuen wan) apartment rent, his salary is probably half of what many expats would pay for rent. We get by so far anyway. but I don`t think there will be too many classes and expensive playgroups in my son`s future!

My husband also thinks that his job is more important than what I do . When I said in a recent argument about my getting up XX times a night for the baby and him sleeping, his response was `i work during the day and so you work at night.` When I asked what he thought I was doing during the day he said `play with baby`.
    So there ya go, good times all around.

Hunter is offline Registered User

When I mentioned "all seem to be well-off families", I indeed meant well-off financially, so Carang, you are right. sorry, I kinda mixed up with my another thread.

carang is offline Registered User

not to worry.... you'll get it all sorted out.

being a parent is the most important job you'll ever have, but many times it is also the most under-appreciated!

as others have said, it is not the "things" that you give a child that matters, it's the time, the love, the commitment that a child will remember as they get older. chances are your child will not remember that book that cost you $300 or the class that he took when he was 2 years old rather he will remember the time you took to read to him every night, all the times you blew bubbles while he sat in the bathtub, the times that he "helped" you cook dinner, the quiet times sitting and watching tv together, how you used to catch him when he came down the slide... or my own personal memory of my mum....when my brother or i were sick to our stomachs, sitting in front of the toilet, my mum would sit on the side of the tub and rub our backs. my brother and i recently discussed this memory (we both have the same memory) and we agreed that to this day we this is what we miss MOST from our childhood!!!

Hunter is offline Registered User

Ladies, you guys have been really nice. Thanks for the kind words and the truthful sharings. I've learned to be more accomodating. He seems to have improved a bit, though slowly, but at least with some progress. I will give him some time.
    wish me good luck.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234