G6PD baby and moth balls, fava beans... help!
- 05-05-2009, 06:16 PM #9
their solution is to throw away the camphor things and use an air purifier to clear the envt. hopefully it should be okay.
i've googled again and again, according to what i've found, SOME camphor products are made from naphathlene but it doesn't say how to tell which are and which aren't.
i will definitely ask my doctor the next time i see him, but i have a feeling he probably won't be able to tell me specifically either.
also recently discovered that many insect repellent also contain naphathlene.
- 06-15-2011, 09:08 AM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2007
- Hong Kong
- 06-15-2011, 11:10 AM #11
G6PD is an X-linked condition, so males cannot be "carriers" - they can have the disease but they can't pass it on unless they themselves have the disease. More regularly, the mother is the "carrier" and since boys only have one X chromosome, it is more likely that her sons will be affected rather than her daughters. Here's more info from Wiki if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-linked_recessive
- 06-15-2011, 10:33 PM #12
females can also be G6PD def but this is rare. usually they are carriers, like me.
- By baffelly in forum Everything ElseReplies: 4Last Post: 03-07-2010, 07:31 PM
- By Matty in forum Everything ElseReplies: 2Last Post: 08-16-2008, 05:36 PM
- By asdasd in forum Everything ElseReplies: 8Last Post: 07-11-2008, 03:05 PM
- By Shirley in forum Everything ElseReplies: 2Last Post: 04-18-2006, 04:15 PM