Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: Will you let your child attend Nursery / Did your child attend Nursery?

Voters
109. This poll is closed
  • Yes

83 76.15%
  • No

11 10.09%
  • Haven't made up my mind yet

15 13.76%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Nursery or not?

Little Monster is offline Registered User

One thing to add. The school uploads a daily report onto their website, so I can know exactly what happened at school, what they ate, who brought what back to school for sharing, what song they learned and even whether my boy had spoken out during class activities.

VERY satisfied with the school. but it is a local school, so I guess most of you won't consider.

Nic
    Nic is offline Registered User

Little Monster

Just starting my school research and this sounds great, what school is this?

Thanks

Nic,

it is a local school. Facility wise and language wise, I am fine for Pre-nursery ONLY. My son will go to another school for kindergarten.

What I expected when I first enrolled my son in pre-nursery are as below:
    - to develop his social skills
    - to have a sense of discipline
    - to take care of himself (now he goes wash his hands by himself, goes to weewee himself (no more diaper even during nap time), and he asks me not to help and stay outside, he eats on his own too, no more feeding)
    - to be able to communicate verbally. Now he talks all the way to and from school with meaning words, not baby language.
    - to start to enjoy reading (I didnt expect this, but school will lend a book for a week to each student, and they are expected to read it every day, and at the end of the week, there is a simple report they hv to work on, and my son enjoys putting stickers on the report)
    - to love school life.

anyway, for your info, below is the school site.

??????

carang is offline Registered User

i think it also depends on your child's personality and your living situation.

my son did not go to "school" until he was 3yr 7m. and only then because we live so far out that there were not many kids around to play with. it is possible for children to get all the social interaction they need from the playground, at playgroups and at home. i really didn't want him to go to school until he was about 4-5 years old, however, i sucked it up and sent him earlier. all of the kids in our village go to school and i thought he really needed more stimulation than just playing with his baby sister all day.

my daughter, i may send earlier, simply because she is a very sociable girl and LOVES going to classes. i'm going to check it out and maybe she'll start in September.

today my 2.5-yr-old came back from school, and he told me, "there is swine flu, remember to wash hands, mommy". hahaha.....I guess this is the merit of going to school early. much much much better than staying home with the maid.

again, my son really enjoys his school life.

Gabriel ma is offline Registered User

My son starts going to Pre-nursery school at 2 years old. During the past few months, he has learnt a lot in the school. 1) he make some friends, 2) improved a lot of his social skills, 3) he can communicate in full sentence, 4) he can fully understand the class (in Cantonese, English and a little bit of Mardarin). In August, he will continue K1 at the same kindergarten but the class is in Mandarin + English.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Gabriel Ma - what pre-nursery/K1 is your little one attending? I would like to find one that is Mandarin & English also for my little one. Thanks!

Gabriel ma is offline Registered User

Learning Habitat Kindergarten

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast