Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

tstmum is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Honestly, if a dr told me he was prescribing antibiotics because of a virus going around I'd switch drs straight away. Antibiotics are effective against bacterial infections, not viruses.

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    DB, Hong Kong
    You sound like you know what you want to do, so I would go with your mothers instinct. If you are not comfortable with the paed's advice, get a second opinion. I find doctors in HK love to throw as much medication and antibiotics at kids for anything! Including cough medicine which amongst western nations at least is NOT recommended for a child under 6 so completely contradicts what we've been taught by those doctors and administrations. Antibiotics are a last resort for infection as far as I'm concerned, a very last resort. Hope bubs is on the mend now anyway.

izzy is offline Registered User
    Reei, doesn't sound like your little one should be on antibiotic. Would suggest you might want to change your PD. My little one is a year old now and we've been going to Dr Thondup. We like him because Thondup does not prescribe medication unless it's necessary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12