Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Baby Bjorn?

Little bird is offline Registered User

Baby Bjorn?

I am thinking to buy a Baby Bjorn carrier. Synergy. Is it good? Any comment? Can it be used for newborn?

Anyone who has old ones for sale?

babymommy2 is offline Registered User
    I had a baby bjorn, not sure what kind it was, but it had an extra lower back support in it. I remeber using it with our 4 month old while on vacation, so using it a lot and it killed my back. I'd recommend something you tie on, generally anything you tie on is better for your back and anything with straps, as the tie ons are tighter to your body and less weight is "hanging" off of you. i like mei tai best.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    baby bjorn destroyed my lower back after around 6 months. My husband and I prefer the ERGO - more padded straps, weight more evenly distrubuted. We bought it when he was 10 months old and he actually sleeps more in it because I think it's more of a natural hold for him rather than his feed dangling down like in the bjorn.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    My friend has the Synergy and she said it still made her back hurt. Although my other friend has the normal one and said she just adjusted the back centre-piece and it was comfortable. I have the normal one and I rarely get to use it bc of the pain it causes after a while. I like my stroller. And when my baby fusses, I just hold him.

oh, your comments are the first negative comments I heard of Baby Bjorn carriers. Tks so much. I will reconsider. :}

phoenixashburn is offline Registered User
    i have the bab bjorn active-- i found it very useful for the first 4 months with my baby...i never used the stroller then cos my baby never did like the stroller..the active model hs extra back support and there is also a breastfeeding position-- great for malls like times square where the baby room only has a change table and no chair to breastfeed.. ;( the bjorn was my only saviour cos i used it in movie halls, malls, supermarkets, buses n cabs.. found it real easy cos with the new born head support baby was always safe in my arms. I dont know how I would have climbed into taxis or buses with a stroller in one hand and a newborn in the other... now that my baby can hold her head up - i take the stroller.. also she's too heavy for me in the bjorn now.. ;)
    so i'd recommend it for the first 3-4months..but not after..

Tks phoenixashbum. I don't intend to take the baby out so much during the first 3-4 months, so many I don't need a baby carrier at all ... That's useful to know!

reei is offline Registered User
    hi, i have used the baby bjorn synergy since she is about 3 months old and till now, she is 8 months old and weighing 8 kg. didnt hurt my back at all. but have to make sure that the back support is tight around the waist + hip area to distribute the weight evenly. it is great, as i travel by buses quite often and sometimes in the malls, she don't want to sleep in the stroller and wants to be carried. good for support.
    maximum weight for the baby bjorn is 12kg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast