Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Calling for nursing mommies who are against CIO

reei is offline Registered User
    btw, when the babies finally sleep on their own, maybe it's the mothers that have problem adapting to it.. :)

katelynBB is offline Registered User
    I nursed my 3 year old daughter for 12 months and we co-sleep with her..still. When I weaned her from the breast, I was worried that she wouldn't be able to sleep without nursing, but she totally surprised me and was able to sleep on her own. I gave her the same bedtime routine minus the breast and with that she knew it was bedtime and fell asleep.
    So, really enjoy sleeping with your little one and nursing her, don't worry too much about what other people say, I was also given many unwanted comments, but I did what worked for us and my daughter and she's a happy sleeper.
    I know when we move her into her big girl bed next month, it will not be a problem either. (We've been getting her excited about her new "princess themed" bedroom)
    HTH

Theresa
    ~Theresa~

reei is offline Registered User
    yeah, never mind what others say.. i was called a lazy mum because i co sleep with my bb..:(

Suv
    Suv is offline Registered User
    yikes, i would think its the opposite, reei. Co-sleeping was hard work- I never slept those 3 months. I would wake up with every sound and so worried about my husband turning over on the baby. and then i transfered the baby to his own cot and room, HE (the baby) slept better! I felt a bit indignant!!:)

Koan is offline Registered User
    I have a 15mnth old son, we bed-share and he nurses like a newborn (all the time LOL!).

Just recently, I'd say over the last month or so, he has been sleeping a lot better. At least twice a week he will STTN (6hrs or so in one stretch). I didn't think it would ever happen but he is learning to sleep longer. I have not initiated any changes; no night weaning or sleep training etc.

Your daughter will learn to sleep by herself. For now just enjoy her being little and ignore ppl who don't know what they're talking about.

I agree with reei, I think it will be tougher on me than on my son! I love co-sleeping and snuggling with him!

carang is offline Registered User
    forget the sounds they make....

my two kids talk in their sleep, sing in their sleep and recite nursery rhymes....

they also thrash around and my son has even done scissor kicks with his legs at night....

a good night's sleep for mummy co-sleeping... ummmm.... i don't think so! (but then again, mine are older... 2 & 4)

freddiebiscuit is offline Registered User
    Thanks for starting this thread, gentlemom! My DD is almost 15 months old and, like you, I nurse her to sleep and we co-sleep. Does your little one wake often during the night? Some nights are better than others for us, but sometimes she wakes me quite often for a comfort suck back to sleep! I don't worry about what other people say because I see how well the arrangement is working for our daughter! I also know I wouldn't sleep very well if she was in a separate room or bed...

mumto2, how old were your children when they self-weaned? How far apart in age are your children? We are expecting our second child in November and I wonder if I need to do anything to prepare our little girl for the arrival, especially if she is still nursing. I don't want my stay in hospital to be traumatic for her. Right now, nursing provides her with so much comfort and security that I worry about how she will be while I am away!

Koan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by freddiebiscuit View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread, gentlemom! My DD is almost 15 months old and, like you, I nurse her to sleep and we co-sleep. Does your little one wake often during the night? Some nights are better than others for us, but sometimes she wakes me quite often for a comfort suck back to sleep! I don't worry about what other people say because I see how well the arrangement is working for our daughter! I also know I wouldn't sleep very well if she was in a separate room or bed...

mumto2, how old were your children when they self-weaned? How far apart in age are your children? We are expecting our second child in November and I wonder if I need to do anything to prepare our little girl for the arrival, especially if she is still nursing. I don't want my stay in hospital to be traumatic for her. Right now, nursing provides her with so much comfort and security that I worry about how she will be while I am away!
    Yeah thanks gentlemum, it's nice to 'meet' some others who are in a similar situation!

Freddie, can I ask a personal q- when did you get ppaf back? I'm just curious because I've read that co-sleeping and night-nursing can delay ppaf. I'm 15mnths pp and still no AF.

I know I wouldn't sleep well if DS were in another room. I don't think I could cope at work if I had to get up 4-5x a night. Much easier to roll over and boob DS!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast