Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Calling for nursing mommies who are against CIO

carang is offline Registered User

forgot to say, when my two were younger, i LOVED co-sleeping!

geomum is offline Registered User

My daughter is going to be 14 mnths soon and I co-sleep with her. She nurses 1- 2 times in the night just for comfort and loves to cuddle with me at night or keep her leg or arm on me. I love the closeness we share while sleeping and breastfeeding. She is becoming a better sleeper on her own because there are nights when she sleeps through entirely or for 8 hours straight. I think she now nurses just to get close to me :)) I am not ready to make her sleep alone or stop nursing and when it happens I will miss it more than she will. Enjoy it while you can, this time is less than 2% of your entire lifetime.
    Koan I got my PPAF when my baby was 8 months old and very regular ever since.

Last edited by geomum; 04-28-2009 at 07:45 AM.

freddiebiscuit is offline Registered User

Koan, I also got my PPAF when my baby was 8 months old and it had been regular until I got pregnant again.

reei is offline Registered User

HMM... i am enjoying it.. but how is your hubby coping with this? my hubby hopes that i'd put bb in the cot,, yet , can't stand it when she cries so much..

geomum is offline Registered User

My husband wants to sleep with us as well (But we find it highly unsafe to sandwich her between us), but does not want our daughter to be put away in a cot or separate bed. He wants her to sleep with me. On weekends they both nap together :)

Last edited by geomum; 04-28-2009 at 11:42 AM.

rebekah is offline Registered User

The one thing that I say to people who love to give me "advice" about co-sleeping and breast feeding... and basically anything that doesn't concern them :)

It's not a problem for us, so please don't make it a problem for you.

My husband and I both LOVE co-sleeping with our little girl. It took a while for us to learn how to make it work, but I was EBF and she nursed every 3-4 hours in the night those first few weeks...so we figured it out.

When she was teeny, she slept beside me with a bedrail (baby-me-daddy) so she didn't fall out, but now that she is bigger (nearly 1! where did that year go?) she does sleep between us. Hubs is so used to her being there that my previously thrashing guy hardly moves at night. We frequently discuss how much we would miss her cute morning wake ups and cuddles and those middle of the night moments. If it's an issue that comes between you and your husband, you need to discuss it with him, of course, but otherwise, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if they should keep it to themselves a bit more, and you need to just do what works for you and your family.

misizlee is offline Registered User

We co-sleep.

It was actually my husband's idea; he co-slept with his parents until he was SIX, althouh he wasn't breastfed. I used to think babies ought to go to sleep by themselves, in their own room and learn to self soothe and be independent etc etc. I was totally against co-sleeping. It seemed weird and dangerous to me.

Then our baby was born. He started off sleeping next to us in a snuggle nest in a moses basket. I'm a working mother and I found nightime feeds easier if I brought Bubba into bed with us. When he was really little I used to put the snuggle nest into our bed. Now he's 8 months old and we are still co-sleeping.

When I hear opposing voices (not in my head!), I worry that I'm doing the right thing. I did research both for and against co-sleeping and I find this website to be useful. It reminds me why I believe in what I'm doing and that I should trust my instinct as a mother. Welcome to Attachment Parenting International
    This is our way, it might not be the best way for everybody but it's the best way for us. It works for our family.

As for my husband? Well he since I've known him he's always fallen asleep by himself just fine. He can sleep ANYWHERE, without the aid of a pacifier, a blankie or a breast. And for those that wonder when do parents who co-sleep get to have their alone time; where there's a will there's a way and it's not a problem.

misizlee is offline Registered User

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast