Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Calling for nursing mommies who are against CIO

carang is offline Registered User

thanks for the info... i have never met anyone that BF two children of different ages before. interesting to know that it can be done and that some people do it

freddiebiscuit is offline Registered User

My little one has been waking quite often at night - perhaps 6 or 7 times on some nights. She just rolls around, gets stuck on the pillows and starts to cry because she can't roll any further. I wake up, put her next to me, put her on the breast and she usually falls back to sleep again. I'm not sure why she's waking - sometimes I think it may be because I move to get more comfortable and wake her up. She wakes up for the day at 7 am and is happy and seems well rested. I cannot say the same for me on some days - not well rested.

She seems quite addicted to the breast and its comfort and I sometimes wonder if she will ever wean herself! I don't mind tandem breast feeding when the next baby arrives, but I do hope my girl will be sleeping better at night before then.

I'd like to keep co-sleeping, but also realize the time will come when she'll want/need to go into her own bed in her own room. How do you know when the time is right to make the transition?

carang is offline Registered User

if you are not happy with the situation, have you tried a pacifier? my daughter so needed the comfort that we started her with a pacifier and she used it for almost 2 years. then one day, she said, "no more" and she hasn't used it since.

she was so comforted by it that if we ever forgot it when we went out, we had to buy another one!

freddiebiscuit is offline Registered User

We introduced a pacifier to her when she was around 5 months old and she treated it like a toy! She'd hold the nipple and put the other end in her mouth! She took no comfort from it at all...

It's not that I'm unhappy with the situation. I just worry that I am pressing cosleeping on her because of my need to have her close when maybe sleeping in her own room might help her to sleep better. I also worry about the arrival of our second baby. I will be in the hospital and someone else will need to put our daughter to bed. Right now, she only goes to sleep on the boob...

mumto2 is offline Registered User

you might find that with someone else putting her to bed, she understands that she won't be getting boob...my eldest was like whenever hubby put her to bed, she just knew that he wasn't going to be able to do it! lol

also when we brought the new bubs home, we had a chat with the eldest and said that she needed to stay in her big girls bed now so that the baby didn't wake her up and be noisy. that was enough for her not to want to come in til later in the morning.

Little Monster is offline Registered User

my boy will be 3 in August. Up to now, we are still co-sleeping. Recently I try to make him sleep in his own room which is right next to ours, and we keep both doors opened at night. Most of the time, he will sneak into our bed if he wakes up in the middle of the night. and we will simply let him.

We enjoy co-sleeping very much unless daddy is really tired that day (but he can always sleep in my boy's bed as it is an adult's bed anyway). I mean, this is the only short period of time in his life that he can get soooo close to me, let me cuddle him, let me touch his little chubby butt, etc. Maybe few years later, or maybe even a yr or two, he will claim himself as a real big boy, and won't let me **** him in front of his classmates, and things will just get worse (like he prefers to go out with his friends than with me,), and even co-dine with him can be difficult, no need to mention co-sleep, so CHERISH the moment, enjoy the moment as much as we can!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345