Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What's wrong with me?

carang is offline Registered User
    ps.... just to clarify... it's not the being sick we miss most, rather our mum rubbing our backs...just in case that wasn't clear! LOL!

HK2008 is offline Registered User
    Carang, I agree with you totally. In fact, I found my kids get bored of any 'expensive' toys fairly easily; a piece of wooden/plastic bowl or spoon will keep them happy for longer...

joannek is offline Registered User
    very true, carang. my favorite memory from childhood also from playing in the park with my dad on th weekend & mommy rubbing my back when i had very bad rash.

i agree that the best in life need not be expensive. but true, too Hunter, we want to provide "the best" to our kids, which a lot of the time, cost quite a bit. but it's "the best" in our point of view, not in the child's. we're lucky to be in HK< when we have coupons for kindergartens fees & free education (i don't know if you qualify, though), and public playrooms & parks & playgrounds that are free.

the economy is bad, I think you're not alone. most of us has to cut down now. but perhaps you can try to find other jobs other than marketing. maybe freelance writing?

Hunter is offline Registered User
    thanks for the heart-warming sharings. I feel very much better now. Thanks to Geobaby.com for such a nice platform.

I agree with all of you that the love and tender of a mother is the most unforgettable momery of a child. When I am thinking positively, I really cherish the time being a full time mommy. The close bonding between my boy and I is undeniably priceless. Today, when I peel the skin of a pear for him, he stood next to me and gently said, "mommy, be careful, don't cut your fingers, remember!" and he said the same thing when I stood on a chair to reach something high above, but of course asked me not to fall. gosh! my heart melt with joy when I heard that. I am really proud of my boy, sorry to keep bragging about him :).

When I mentioned the good things in life, I didn't mean to get him all expensive things, yeah, maybe some educational materials which are too expensive to afford. but to enroll him into different classes needs a certain amount of monthly spending, and this is now being difficult. Right now it is the right age to develop his interests and skills, and at this age, they pick up things so quickly. but without the resources to further nurture him, he may end up being less competitive among his peers. as a mommy, i will have to take full responsibility for that.

I am very fine to be a freelance writer, in fact it can be my dream job. but just that I don't have the channels and connections.

carang is offline Registered User
    hunter, where in hk do you live? i run a playgroup and although we are pretty much full, i may be able to fit your boy in (at a discount...but don't tell anyone!)

putput is offline Registered User
    Hunter, dont know if this is your cup of tea or if youve applied already but Invest HK is looking for a marketing professional. If you havent already done so, you may want to take a look at their website. Best of luck!

putput is offline Registered User
    I'm not illiterate, by the way. I just have a problem with my pc so can't always get the apostrophes in!!!! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12