Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Lactation consultant recommendation?

Hagrid is offline Registered User
    For me, the milk supply suddenly diminishes on one side (I can only pump 1-2 oz) and I find lumps on that side of the breast. I had that before and I used hot compress + massage towards the nipple when I bf made it dissappear. I assume that's clogged duct...

Are you using wired bra? I read that wearing tight bra may cause clogged duct but if your baby seems feeding well, there shouldn't be a problem.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    not wired but pretty tight... maybe that's why?

how much does may hui charge? i think i might need help as well... she does home visits right?

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
    Crystall88, how did it go with the visit? I'm having clogged duct and already tried the usual tricks with hot compress, massaging on the lump and frequent feeding. Though I can still pump milk out, the lump doesn't disappear. It's been 2 days, I think I need help from a lactation consultant. How much does May charge?
    Hi Hagrid,

Sorry for late reply, i didn't see your query. anyways, she charges $500 per hour, min is 1 1/2 hour, but i end up almost 2 hours so i paid her $900. quite expensive. She massages your breast really painful! claiming that there is block duct and milk should come out.

I don't have a lump so i can't say if she had helped me get rid of it. I was already "okay" when i called her, just worried that the soreness of my breast will come back so i consulted her.

After a week, i had fever and colds, few days later, i had soreness and lump on the other breast, i didn't call her anymore, called LLL who told me to put hot compress, latch frequently, kneeling position to feed baby (don't know the correct term but you can see photo at kellymom.com), after 2 days, it was gone. LLL doesn't recommend pumping as my milk supply will be more and the demand is not that much, i would end up with more clogged duct.

I should have called LLL first and ask for their advice, i don't like the painful massage.

Good luck! keep on nursing as often as possible.

hknanny is offline Registered User
    Mrs Chee does home visit. I work as a maternity nurse and have met her numerous times when she comes to the client's house... even seen her at 2am once!

Quote Originally Posted by hknanny View Post
    Mrs Chee does home visit. I work as a maternity nurse and have met her numerous times when she comes to the client's house... even seen her at 2am once!
    It depends where are you located. I called her and she wants to see me in her wan chai office with baby.

i woke up with fever and chills this morning... i think i have what crystall88 has (mastitis?) there's no lump but a soreness which feels like a bruise on one side.

would anyone recommend taking panadol for now? my fever and chills comes with a headache and it feels like my head will explode

solidstars,

yes, take 1 panadol now, it's safe.

hot compress, surf kellymom.com on position, kneeling. nurse every hour. After a day, it will be gone, if it's still there in 24 hrs, see a doctor.

take care

thanks crystall88, the fever and chills are gone, the soreness is there but doesn't hurt as much as yesterday...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast