- 04-29-2009, 04:37 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Hung Hom
when is a good time to start discipline?
how do you discipline your child, time out?
any good books or classes to attend?
please share. thanks.
- 04-29-2009, 07:40 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Hong Kong, Mid Levels
Just read Baby Whisperer for toddlers, Contented little toddler (Gina Ford) and Toddler Taming by Christoper Green. As you will probably guess we have hit 21 months and my little one is asserting her personality! No huge problems, but thought I'd like to read what the currect crop of books advise.
Personally, I think I'll take a little bit from all of them and adapt to our situation - of the three I liked Toddler Taming the best in terms of discipline and Gina Ford for good schedules/routines.
- 04-29-2009, 08:09 PM #3
1) about a year for some things, but it really depends on the child's personality
2) time out usually, but occasionally removing toys etc.
3) nope, just used my own experience/common sense
- By geomum in forum The Practical ParentReplies: 0Last Post: 04-13-2010, 12:55 PM
- By anniese in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 18Last Post: 06-12-2009, 12:16 AM
- By AussieMum in forum Baby TalkReplies: 6Last Post: 02-01-2009, 07:54 AM
- By chubbysan in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 4Last Post: 10-01-2007, 11:56 AM