Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pillows in the Cot

southside852 is offline Registered User

Pillows in the Cot

I am wondering when is a good time to introduce sleeping on pillow to my son. I know the risks of SIDS, but also know moms who have introduced it to their babies around 13/14 months and they love it!

My son is now 16 months, still sleeps in a grobag without blankets or a bumper and is in a cot still. When is a good time to give them a small flat pillow? When they transition to a bed at almost 2 years old?

Has anyone used a pillow before 24 months?

Thanks!

sherwes is offline Registered User

I introduced a pillow at 15 months and my baby loves it. I believe that the SIDS guidelines (the Australian ones, they differ from country to country) say no pillows in the first year.

Sherwes, what kind of pillow do you use? Yes, I knew definitely not to introduce it before 12 months, but now he's older and I think he would really like it!

carang is offline Registered User

my kids have each had a small & flat pillow from about 14 months or so. my daughter is especially attached to hers. when we fly, i take their own pillows and their little blankets.

carang, where did you buy these little pillows?

carang is offline Registered User

i got the one for my daughter from CITISTORE, i think it was in the Ma On Shan branch. it has buckwheat in it.

she now uses that in addition to a foam (pieces of it, not a slab) pillow from ikea (one of their cheapest ones). my son also uses that kind, too (but he's 4)

sherwes is offline Registered User

I purchased mine from Wing On. The brand is called Health First. I like it because it is pretty flat and small (so good for a first pillow) and also because it is made of hypoallergenic materials (sorry, I can't check what materials as my baby is currently sleeping on top of it!). My baby likes to put his head on it, lay on it, cuddle it and play with it. I think in 6 months time I will move him up to a larger, thicker pillow but the flat, small one is great for now.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

I can't remember exactly when we started, but definitely once they were past 12 months, they had their own pillows. For our son, he used a small pillow that came with his Peter Rabbit bedding, but with our daughter, it was pretty much straight to a big pillow. We have a mix of memory foam and latex pillows. Whereas my son prefers memory foam, our girl is not as particular.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast