Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Thoughts on Ocean Shores

audlin is offline Registered User

Thoughts on Ocean Shores

I am considering moving to Ocean Shores in Tiu Keng Leng as it has great kids play areas (indoor and outdoor) and indoor as well as outdoor swimming pools.

However, I am wondering if there are any playgroups or opportunities for play dates there as I have 2 children (21 months and 6 months) who need more than just eachother for company.

Any advice from anyone who lives out that way as to regular meet-ups if we do move?

tallmama is offline Registered User
    ocean shores has good facilities for children. i bring my 14-month girl to the playground almost everyday. but tko could be very humid & foggy & it's extremely cold in winter. also, there're construction sites around (two more to come) which makes the pollution even worse.

i'm up for playdates. seems that you're living in lam tin now. we can still arrange playdates. i'm a stay-home mom.

audlin is offline Registered User
    Hi Tallmama

Thanks for the info. I am still really keen on Ocean Shores but have been invited to view an apartment at Hanf Hau in a complex called Residence Oasis so not quite sure what way I am going to go yet.

It would be lovely to meet for a play date in the next couple of weeks. I have a friend who has just moved to Ocean Shores so I am sure I will be visiting the play parks some time very soon.

Thanks again.

Echo77 is offline Registered User
    Ocean Shores is beautiful, and a great place for people with kids. The facilities are fantastic and I often bring my daughter to the swimming pool to swim but I take her to playgroup at the KinderU in Tsueng Kwan O. It is only 5 months old but the staff there is wonderful. Everyone knows my daughter's name and they always greet her. More than that my daughter only has one to two other babies in her class so it is almost like private lessons.

I actually used to live in Sceneway Gardens in Lam Tin which was great because of the convenience of the location for all the buses, MTR and the bus to Shenzhen. Then I moved to East Point City in Hang Hau which was even better because the flats are square shaped so the usable area is greater. The facilities were nicer too because the developer really works hard to maintain the standard and the shopping mall is the best of the brand-name shops and the local all together. There are a lot of great restaurants to eat there too. However, now that I live in Ocean Shores, I think it is the best for any one who has young children and lives in TKO. Well, I hope this helps!

meilengyong is offline Registered User
    Hi, I have just moved to OS. Have a 2y+ toddler that needs a playmate? Any mummy meetings set up?