Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

feeling blah....

carang is offline Registered User

feeling blah....

been feeling a little blah lately.

i've just returned from a month in canada visiting my mum and brother. before i left i had been feeling rather blah about life. i thought going "home" would get it out of my system. it's only made it worse.

i have nothing really to complain about.

1) hubby is awesome
    2) HUGE job satisfaction
    3) great kids
    4) large house with a garden & playroom (never thought i'd have this in hk!)
    5) good helper

i'm not depressed, i'm just not feeling much of anything right now. does that make sense? when i tried to explain it to mum, she basically said "stop feeling sorry for yourself, make the most of life in HK" which is what i've been trying to do. as most of you know, i've been here for over 14 years now. i would love to move back to canada, but with the way the economy is going right now, plus the fact that hubby and i each have successful businesses here, it just doesn't make any sense.

i would love to have another baby, but again, as most of you know, pregnancy and i do not get along well together and i really don't want to end up in a wheelchair again (4/8 months last time round!) and being hospitalised again (13 times over 2 pregnancies!)....so that seems to be out of the question as well. i have tried to talk to hubby about adopting, but he's afraid that his family wouldn't accept an adopted baby considering we have two biological children.

sorry, i don't think that there are any "answers" out there, just needed a place to vent, with hopefully some words of wisdom. you ladies are some of the best i know (even though i don't really know you!)

thanks for "listening"! enjoy your weekend!

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Hi Carang, it's funny you should say you feel blah, maybe it's something in the air. I too have little to be unhappy about (except for maybe a bit of sleep deprivation) but I feel completely blah too. On the surface everything is just great so the only thing I can think that is making me feel this way is actually life in HK in general. I think we need to get out of here! I love many aspects but just can't deal with two young boys (and a newborn) in confined spaces and no where easy for them to run around. By easy I mean, that we don't have to drive to. I really really miss clean air, beautiful parks, nature, relaxing weekends spent outside drinking coffee, reading the paper and watching the kids run around outside. Here I have to get them out every day so they don't kill each other and whilst our building has great facilities who wants their kids growing up in a playground? It's such an effort thinking of things to do with such little ones (all three three and under). Even going to the beach is a pain here as the water is so dirty my kids always end up sick. Argh!

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    Well I can totally sympathise with the wanting another baby but pregnancy not agreeing...I get HG too (sounds like that's what you get) and what a nightmare...but I still want to have another, just not "have" it...lol...I'm in 2 minds EVERY day - I go back and forth like a yoyo and honestly its driving me absolutely crazy that I can't just make up my mind! Totally unfair too by the way! lol My hubby doesn't want to adopt either and to be honest, I don't think I do...so that leaves me with me...unless we could find a surrogate?? lol

I've had a really really hard last month as well and seem to be taking out on all the wrong people...but have just finally in the last week "settled" again and am feeling happy...maybe the sunshine has brought some peace for me? That and Club Siena with the kids today - wow its great there...

What about a night out with the girls? the movies? a romantic weekend with hubby? best to you...

carang is offline Registered User
    that's one of the problems that i have... going out with the girls. after 14 years, i've almost had enough of trying to make friends. i feel like just when i get to know someone and we are well on our way to a close friendship, they up and move.

of course, the upshot of this is friends to visit in:
    Vermont
    sydney
    perth
    brisbane
    NZ
    brazil
    england
    etc....

would love to get away for a romantic weekend with hubby... he's REALLY busy and works 7 days per week. i work every saturday...we would have to do it after work on a saturday and ask our helper to swap her sunday off...argh...sometimes it's not worht the hassle.. you know what i mean?

bloominginHK is offline Registered User
    I'm sorry that you're feeling this way. It's difficult sometimes to pinpoint what's going on and knowing how to fix it, if that's possible.

I can relate to some of your feelings and I wish I had wisdom to share. But in my own feelings of blahness... I just sing with my daughter in the morning (this is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it) and make a point to make the most of each day. It's not easy but at least it gets my day started right.

I don't live too far from the country park... if you need someone to have a coffee and chat with... I'd be happy to listen!

Hope you're having a great holiday weekend! Enjoy the gorgeous weather!

bloominginHK is offline Registered User
    oh and I've only been in hk 4yrs but in those 4yrs, I've lost way too many good friends too. i really struggle in that department too.

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    yeah i agree cara, i've been an expat for about 12 years, give or take, and even though its usually been me to move, it is really hard leaving friends and then having to make them again for them or you to leave yet again...that and finding a new hairdresser, the two hardest things...

plumtree is offline Registered User
    I really sympathise. I'm not currently feeling "blah" (I've been too stressed out by work and am just so grateful for the arrival of the weekend) but I've been there, and know what you mean. I've no real answers, sorry, but I know what it means to want to have something to look forward to. All I can think of (and this is really silly) is maybe go for a run or get out to get some fresh air or something. It does not help the underlying 'blah-ness' but it makes you feel better for about an hour or so. Sorry, silly suggestion, but I hope you feel better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast