Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Agency advice

LilyBo is offline Registered User

Agency advice

Hi guys

We are due to land in HK tomorrow from the UK and need a little advice with regards to my DH and her agency. My DH is the same as we had when we lived in Beijing (Philippino) and sadly I could not get her a visa to come back to the UK with us and so she headed back to the Philippines. She has now made her way to HK and as we have kept in contact will come back to work with us. I don't know the process for employing her in HK, although am aware that there are government guidelines for her welfare (not an issue!) and certain taxes to pay. She is currently registered with an agency and has been working with a chinese family but is now being looked after by the agency whilst we get ourselves over. Before I speak to the agency, can anyone offer any advice with regards to salary, payment (who to pay salary to) government taxes and agency rates (if applicable) so I can approach them ready and armed?(!!)

Whilst I clearly want to do things properly, I also want to know if I need to go through an agency with regards to visa/government taxes/salary or can I organise these things myself?? Is the cost fairly negligible if I take her through the agency route compared to doing it myself??

Also - will post on meet and greet but will be based in Kornhill for the first few weeks whilst house and school hunting and would be marvellous to meet up with anyone for a couple of playdates for my sanity and 2 kids (16months & 6years)!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    Hi Lilybo,

Sorry for the late reply. You can do the paperwork yourself, but as your helper is with an agency, you will have to pay the agency fees and they can manage it for you. Fees should be approx $2-3K.

The min helper wage is approx $3600/mth.