Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Does any Doctors do home visits in HK?

Cici is offline Registered User
    Hi alicemathur,
    do you know where Dr Lily Wong is qualified from? Call me paranoid, but I've had alot of bad experiences with the local docs here.
    thanks
    C

rani is offline Administrator

Cici is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the link Rani, will check it out

alicemathur is offline Registered User
    Yes Cici she is from London, and has 2 young children of her own. When we went to see her last time for my husband's appt we started chatting about our children after a while .She is very friendly and easy going and having children of her own, really someone I can relate to. My friend met her at a talk she gave at the Aberdeen Marina club recently on childhood illness where she gave lots of practical advice.

sillybill is offline Registered User
    Dr Lily is also my doctor.A very approachable person with a very english accent!I always joke with her that I think she is more english than me as she has only been in Hk for a while. She was the one who set up the new doctors home visiting service after arriving from uk ,doctorsdirect, they do home visits all around HK now which they have just started advertising in my practice where she works parttime only . Just now I gave my friend who has 5 kids(unusal for HK, I know!) this info, as 2 of her children had fever and sore throat and tummy aches, she called her own drs and was told to 'bring them down', easier said than done sometimes!. She just called to thank me for giving her the info and to say how useful it was to have this service and was going to get her husband to use it as he is always making excuses that he cannot take time off to see his dr , as they go and treat patients in offices as well. It just so happened it was Dr Lily who visited them as well, cause I know there are a few expat doctors doing the visits now. She was given medication and had a throat swab as well done. I don't think it was cheap but my friend said she would have paid anything for someone to come to her,but because they give out a reciept , she could claim back on her insurance anyway.
    I dont have the number at hand but on the brochure they did mention a website and my friend said she just googled doctorsdirect hk and was able to find contact details. I definatly think this is a better choice than a trip down emergency room!!
    Last edited by sillybill; 07-12-2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: grammer

baby09 is offline Registered User
    hi there,

just wanted everyone to know about this uk qualified home visit doctor who came to my house last month when i suddenly had a sore throat. as i am pregnant, i didnt want to go to a clinic where i might catch something from other patients.

Got to know a Dr. Lily Wong of Doctorsdirect thru a friend. She came immediately to my house and took my blood test then gave me the proper medication which cleared up in days. I think this is the kind of medical home service we lack in hk for people who might be afraid of catching something in a clinic or for those (like me) heavily pregnant or who are just too sick to leave their bed. Dr Wong told me she grew up and worked many years as a GP in the UK and is also a qualified pharmicist who speaks native english and cantonese. As she has a mobile clinic she can reach most places within an hour and can be contacted at 25238044 or via her mobile No. 60239153 or 60239172 or visit her website at www.DoctorsDirect.com.hk

baby09 is offline Registered User
    She grew up and qualified as a pharmicist then a doctor in the UK. She can speak native english and is also fluent in cantonese.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Hi

Can you please tell me how much she charges for a home visit?

Thanks
    SB2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast