Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does any Doctors do home visits in HK?

hipy is offline Registered User

Does any Doctors do home visits in HK?

My daughter has a high fever, I am really reluntant to take her to the dr, for many reason , especially the fact I don't want her to be waiting in a room full of other sick people. In uk there are GP we can call out but there does seem to be any equivalent service here. I called my usual Doctor in Quality and was told by the nurse to bring her down to the clinic,despite me telliing her thats exactly what I did not want to do, help!

carang is offline Registered User
    there are very few that do home visits....if they do it's VERY VERY VERY expensive.

even though you are reluctant, the best thing to do is to take her in... remember a fever can be a good thing. it means that your little one is trying to fight off whatever it is that is making her sick.

good luck!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I have no experience in this yet but all I know is that on my health insurance, home visits are listed and the cost is around double. There must be some private doctors that don`t have a crowded waiting room though, no?

rani is offline Administrator
    I don't know of any Drs that do home visits in HK.

carang is offline Registered User
    there were a couple of doctors in discovery bay that did home visits.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    We were in DB and both our clinics had after hours care. As carang said, they were very $$$$.

That said, I didn't hesitate the first time DD got croup (and I off course didn't know what it was! 45 minutes later we were in the clinic and DD was on an inhaler thingy with steroids) - I happily paid the $3000 (I think it was about that including medication) to have her breathing again and not have to wait in a hospital waiting room and deal with all the travel! Plus I had a newborn at home and the thought of waking up everyone and going to the hospital was not an easy task! As DH hadn't arrived home from work until just after it happened I had no choice.

Cici is offline Registered User
    Hipy> I'm also looking for a home visit doctor (preferably oversea qualified) as the local ones tend to overdo it with all those pills. Pls tell us any info you might have as I'm really interested.

I guess I'm just abit paranoid about germs these days- took my 5 year old to the doctor bcos of an upset tummy and sat next to a man who was couging (he had a mask on), and on the otherside was a little girl with a runny nose who refused to wear a mask- 2 days later my 5 year old came down with a bad case of flu. Whole family got it- absolutely shattering, so will try to do anything to minimise infection.

alicemathur is offline Registered User
    I have been seeing Dr Lily Wong in Central and she does home visits. I have not tried out that service but I like her as a doctor, good communicator and assertive. She managed to convince my husband into having an important blood test! A first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast