Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

storing breast milk? ice cube trays?

mocha is offline Registered User
    i use the baby food glass jar.
    i will steam sterilse it before i use.

i will never use ice cube trays, as i think the plastic material for ice cube trays is not ok to resist high temp..
    i never use plastic.. except the pump.. i only trust glass for high temp sterilisation
    Last edited by mocha; 05-12-2009 at 04:41 PM.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    i got some advice from the LLL too and so now i'm using a high quality silicon rubber tray (heatable and dishwasher safe too) and ziplock bags

i was calculating and the breastmilk bags seem quite expensive way to go, but have also purchased the 'first years' pack just in case of travel, etc

thanks everyone! all your thoughts were really useful!

ps. i'm only pumping ~2 oz on one side, is that normal? how can you tell the difference between foremilk and hindmilk? how long do you usually pump for?

dtb
    dtb is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by solidstars View Post
    i got some advice from the LLL too and so now i'm using a high quality silicon rubber tray (heatable and dishwasher safe too) and ziplock bags

i was calculating and the breastmilk bags seem quite expensive way to go, but have also purchased the 'first years' pack just in case of travel, etc

thanks everyone! all your thoughts were really useful!

ps. i'm only pumping ~2 oz on one side, is that normal? how can you tell the difference between foremilk and hindmilk? how long do you usually pump for?
    The colour of foremilk is more on the white side while the hindmilk are a lot more yellowish and greasy (like melted butter)

thanks dtb, i guess i'm only pumping foremilk so far...

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    solidstars,

have you bought that rubber silicone tray? have you tried it with ziplock?

Where did you get the "first years"? how much is it? I have to prepare how to pump soon.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    SolidStars - some women produce more foremilk in the morning and then more hindmilk in the afternoon. I know I'm like that. When I pump in the morning (ie, 90% of the time), it's all foremilk - but it's easier to pump then because I'm really full... and when I pump in the evening, it's noticeably more creamy and thick - but it takes MUCH longer to pump the same amount.

my friend got them for me, here's what he said :

"I have taken a look at the Lansinoh breast milk storage bags in Causeway Bay and Central, and all the stores selling this brand are running out of stock for at least a month. Your requested items are priced at HK$ 99.

At Causeway, I went to Sogo, Times Square and Lee Garden II. Only the 'Mothercare' at Lee Garden II sell your requested items.

At Central, I went to 'Eugene' (next to H&M) and 'Bumps to babes' (5/F Pedder Building). Only the latter sells your requested items, and the salesperson recommended another brand: 'First Year' which basically is the same with different price - HK$ 109."

by the way, the ice cube tray is from sogo, the silicon rubbery one (easy to pop the cube out) and heatable. i only have one tray, when i fill it up, then i place them into the ziplock bag (doubled just in case). I just label the bags 1,2,3,4 and on the fridge i have a piece of paper that i write 1 = date, etc.

thanks nicolejoy! I talked to a leader at LLL and she said it's not actually that important foremilk/hindmilk (recent research?) so she rested my worries and i'm just pumping whenever i can, which is usually at night...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123