Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pumping breastmilk and work

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Pumping breastmilk and work

Just wanted to hear your experience on pumping breast milk at work. Right now, I wash and sterilize my pump after each pump. However, when I am at work, I will miss at least 2 feeds and was wondering how I would pump twice when I can't sterilize after the first pump as I won't have a sterilizer at work. How many times do people usually pump at work during the day? Thanks!

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

One option will be to bring an extra set of "funnels" for the second pumping.

I didn't sterilize while pumping at work, but made sure that I washed thoroughly with a little detergent and (very) hot water after the first session and then I'd put the "funnels" into ziplock bags.

plumtree is offline Registered User

I used Milton tablets dissolved in a container of water. I used half a tablet to 2.5l of water, and made up my own container with a mark on the side for the correct level. Of course, and washed everything very thoroughly (brought in my own sponge, detergent and dishcloth to wash with).

Portia is offline Registered User

I pumped twice a day at work and brought two sets of the "funnels" and four storage bottles. Each set of equipment was in a clean plastic bag and then I'd just rinse the used equipment and put it back in the plastic bag to take home to wash and sterilise.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

THanks everyone for your responses - I have an Avent pump - where would I buy an extra set of the funnels?

Koan is offline Registered User

You don't really need to. I don't wash my pump parts. I put them in a container and keep them in the fridge until my next pumping session. Then I wash them when I get home. It saves time.

mocha is offline Registered User

Avent manuel or electrical? If manuel, it would be cheaper you just buy one more set..rather than just the funnels

I have a nuk microwave steam sterilizer.. i bought it fr Jusco for around 12x.. which is quite good. can steam 2 avent pumps each time.

babymommy2 is offline Registered User

Medela sells sterlization bags for the microwave. you add an ounce of water, throw in your parts and zap for a few minutes and done. Each bag is good for 20 or 30 sterilizations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast