Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mums with 3 kids please??

mumto2 is offline Registered User

Mums with 3 kids please??

We are planning to have our third baby but I was wondering from you mums/moms just how different it is?

Did you really notice a huge difference in your spare time etc? You know how having 2 kids isn't really double the work? I was wondering if the same was true with 3 kids?

Also did you have any qualms about having created a "middle" child or do you think this is a bit of an urban myth? All I have stuck in my head is that dumb episode of the Brady Bunch with Jan moaning about "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!"...lol

Hopefully if all pans out eldest will be around 4.5 followed by 2.5 then new baby..

Any other advice would be welcomed too!

Thanks in advance! :)

ggrizzy is offline Registered User
    hi! my kids are 7, 5 and almost 2. the first 9 months was a breeze since bb only sleeps n feeds. now, he's just a darling watching the 2 elder boys go crazy (all 3 are boys). for me, it's controlling the elder 2 that's a problem as the 5yo is going thru a 'crazy' phase where everything and anything (even a scolding) is funny! so the the 7yo joins in and cracks up. bb will just sit there and say: 'gor gor crazy....' :)

my boys have very good bonding and i think it's because they've shared the same room always. the eldest knows how to take care of the lil one (every now n then) and i don't spend as much time with the eldest one now so i find i don't have any problems taking care of bb. but both my elder boys have full-day schooling now so during the day i only have bb at home!

hope this helps!

and good luck!

IImama is offline Registered User
    Having three kids are great and no problem at all. I have a pair of twins at three, boy and girl and a 1 year old boy. It is good for the older ones to learn how to be responsible for the family and to take care of each others, not only the little brother, but also help each others. My twins behave so well because they love to be a good model for the little one and very offen, they talk to the younger brother not to cry for the toys and he got to wait for his turn to play.

That's interesting Ggrizzy, I also thought that maybe having the two older ones share a room might be nice for them so is nice to hear your experience that reflects that.

I enjoy that now too Illmama with my two, how the older one takes such good care of the younger...its so nice to watch and I must admit I think it would be great for my youngest to have that experience too...the only problem is it could be never-ending to want that...lol...

thanks ladies so far for the advice...

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    can i say that as a "middle child" i loved it!

there was always someone to play with. i was able to boss my younger brother around and i was able to pick up stuff (like who was cool and use her training bras without going through the embarrassment of buying one) from my sister.

thanks dimsum mum - that's a great point that i hadn't actually thought of!

alee is offline Registered User
    make sure you get enough help with 3 kids, as it can be tiring for you. Attention will be spread thin amongst the kids for sure, especially during the first 6 months when you will be focusing on baby.

That is something that has been playing on my mind too alee since we do not have a helper, thankfully my husband is a brilliant help but it is hard without a mum or a friend for a quick drop-off of kids to go shopping sometimes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast